PDA

View Full Version : Removal of hummer h2 tailligts

HDEUCE7
10-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I am trying to replce my brakelight bulb and I am having a problem getting taillight off. I have removed the two screws on the inside but i can't seem to get it off. I also have the tail light guards on and it causes a problem. Does anyone know how to get the tail light off?

HDEUCE7
10-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I am trying to replce my brakelight bulb and I am having a problem getting taillight off. I have removed the two screws on the inside but i can't seem to get it off. I also have the tail light guards on and it causes a problem. Does anyone know how to get the tail light off?

Sportsdude
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
HDEUCE7, the tail light assembly needs to slide toward the right side for the driver side tail light and left side for the passenger tail light. Don't pull up. Slide it out first. Two retaining clips are holding it after the two screws are taken out. Does this make any sense?

HDEUCE7
10-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Sportsdude, I understood your directions, but it didnt work on my H2. They won't seem to budge. Thanks for the advise, I probably will get the dealer to do it.

Sportsdude
10-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Mine was on there tight. The 2 retaining clips hold it together pretty well. After you take one off, the others are fairly easy once you get a feel of how it comes off.

HDEUCE7
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
It doesn't seem to want to move. I can't feel it sliding to the left. Can put something in the side to release the retaining clip.

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
10-22-2005, 04:38 AM
once we've finished painting taz's h2, i'll unwrap it and take pictures for you. until then, i hope you'll find pictures. don't worry about the clips. the lights fit very snug in there. face towards the side of the h2 and pull towards you in the direction where the screws were. it may require some coaxing, but it should slide out. those "clips" are there as guides for the lights to fit in and for support.