PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Hummer Salespeople

RT0870
05-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I was wondering if there are any Hummer salespeople out there that could give me an IDEA as to what I can expect to get for a trade in on the H3?

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - SILVER - Freedom Edition
20,500 Miles
6 Disc Changer, Roof rack, nerfs, 17" wheels, hitch, V6, Infinity Basslink sub
Not a scratch....would pass for showroom quality.

I've been to NADA, KBB, and had a limited view of the "BLACK BOOK", but I really don't know what to expect. I've researched those areas before, and the numbers I actually get never jive. Luckily, I've gotten more.

Any info will be greatly appreciated........

RT0870
05-26-2005, 12:52 AM
I was wondering if there are any Hummer salespeople out there that could give me an IDEA as to what I can expect to get for a trade in on the H3?

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - SILVER - Freedom Edition
20,500 Miles
6 Disc Changer, Roof rack, nerfs, 17" wheels, hitch, V6, Infinity Basslink sub
Not a scratch....would pass for showroom quality.

I've been to NADA, KBB, and had a limited view of the "BLACK BOOK", but I really don't know what to expect. I've researched those areas before, and the numbers I actually get never jive. Luckily, I've gotten more.

Any info will be greatly appreciated........

timgco
05-26-2005, 01:00 AM
not sure.. but you just answered my question on Jeep owners switching to HUMMER. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lexpro
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
If you were trading with me i would put 15.5k in it.......2 in good condition have crossed the auction block in your region at Fredricksburg 19k miles for 16200 on 5/19 and at Aycock 19k miles for 16000 on 5/16....good luck....2WD that is

RT0870
05-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Yep....in a heartbeat.

I've never been "brand loyal"......but I have a sneakin' suspicion that I MAY become a "H MAN" for a good while to come.

We'll see................

RT0870
05-26-2005, 01:09 AM
lexpro

It's 4X4 for sure. Without it, things would definitely get WILD here in "Wild, Wonderful" http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

lexpro
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RT0870:
lexpro

It's 4X4 for sure. Without it, things would definitely get WILD here in "Wild, Wonderful" http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me try again...

lexpro
05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
16500 for me here in TX 4x4 on a cherokee doesnt add much,,,alot more of these 4x4 have went through the auction in your region...Fredricksburg seems close to you and on 5/19 the highest price with 19k miles is 18000 down to 16900 with 29k miles////2 silver ones with 23k and 26k when through for 17600
...remember that the dealer has to add a buy fee and transport to the auction price when you are negotiating, however this might not matter much unless you are buying at a store that also has a Jeep franchise because most Hummer stores are gonna tell you that they dont buy jeeps at the auction.......

RT0870
05-26-2005, 01:23 AM
lexpro

Do you think, if I were to go to a larger market area, like Charlotte, St. Louis, or Atlanta, I would be more likely to get a better deal on the trade in?

There's only 1 HUMMER dealer in WV, and I must say, I'm a little leery to try to deal with them......they have the market locked down, so there's no need to dicker with me. ??

lexpro
05-26-2005, 03:05 AM
I dont think it would be more,You are better off shopping all of the Jeep stores in town and getting a buy bid on your trade so you know what you can get for it before you sit down at the closing table.....they will give a draft to the Hummer dealer that you buy from if they bid the trade higher than the Hummer dealer itself...also not sure on the tax laws in your state on trading are (in texas you dont pay tax on the trade amount),but if you have a carmax in the area and you can sell it to them and see which way nets you more money for the jeep