PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody relocated the evap canister and valve?

Racer-X
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
So my buddy and I are under my H2 last night taking a look at the evap canister and valve. We find it just above the rocker protection on the driver side.

The problem with this location is if the canister decides it need to open the valve and take a gulp of air while your in deep water your evap canister will plug. Cost of repair is about $400 and doubtful you will get your warranty company to pay for it since your in water deeper than Hummer says it can cross.

Twice I've crossed 3' of water or more and twice I've plugged the evap canister with muddy water.

So we've decided to replace it ourselves so that we can relocate atleast the intake valve to higher ground. Anybody done this? Where did you put it?

OrangeCrush
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Haven't looked at it but can you not attach a "vent" hose to it like you would on a rearend housing?

JohnB.GWU.
04-06-2006, 11:01 PM
GM probably put it there as a for techs to know when max. fording depths have been exceeded by vehicle to cut warranty reimbursement expenses etc....

Racer-X
04-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
Haven't looked at it but can you not attach a "vent" hose to it like you would on a rearend housing?

Not sure, we were only looking for minute and it was dark.

I'm wondering if it was relocated after 03. I'll be with a couple of 05's today - I'm curious.