PDA

View Full Version : H3 Actual Pricing

Roughwater
05-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I haven't made it to my local dealer yet, but can anyone here who has ordered an H3 let me know how close you are paying to MSRP? I'm debating whether to order now or later and guessing there won't be many deals now since they are just arriving, but am I wrong?

Thanks from a hopeful H3 owner

Roughwater
05-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I haven't made it to my local dealer yet, but can anyone here who has ordered an H3 let me know how close you are paying to MSRP? I'm debating whether to order now or later and guessing there won't be many deals now since they are just arriving, but am I wrong?

Thanks from a hopeful H3 owner

funpilot
05-18-2005, 09:31 AM
So far, unless the buyer can get a special price becuase of where they work, MSRP looks to be the rule. It is mandatory dealer add-ons or the lack there of, that is where the pricing varies.

H3 Builder
05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Price one yourself on www.Hummer.com (http://www.Hummer.com)

Roughwater
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks funpilot, that was my assumption.

H3 Builder, trust me, I have built my fair share on the site, I was just wondering how much luck people were having with negotiations at dealers or if MSRP off the site was pretty much the going rate.

usetosellhummer
05-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Work the larger dealers for price. The small guys have no reason to offer deals. Lynch, Sewll, various CA dealers will get a large amount.

killian
05-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I called Orr Hummer in Shreveport. Kevin said that he got in 5 yesterday and he has two left.
A white base model for 32k and a green adventure for 34k The base model is just that, it has no added accessories. The Adventure has black running boards, I forgot to ask if they were auto or manual.

So it looks like, what, somewhere between a 2k and 3k mark up?

HummerNewbie
05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Don't want to, but will wait if my dealer tries to jack me for a couple of grand markup. Does anyone know what happened with that auction to be on the waiting list at a dealer. Last I saw it was at $10K. Sure bidders didn't know it was for a place in line, not the actual vehicle.

usetosellhummer
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Wait a month or just call all the big guys in TX near you. Does sound like 1-2 k markup. I was getting 2500 over for the first 6 months. If you didn't want to pay we said see ya. Dallas and berkstrom in WI always charged strait MSRP. You gota pay to be one of the first. By Christmas you will see deals.

killian
05-18-2005, 11:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Does anyone know what happened with that auction to be on the waiting list at a dealer. Last I saw it was at $10K. Sure bidders didn't know it was for a place in line, not the actual vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$!0, 100 with 18 bids. I agree, they probably didn't have a clue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4545856014&category=43913

HUMMER 4 Jake
05-18-2005, 11:28 PM
I live in Dallas and I went to Sewell off the Toll Road... They are charging Sticker and taking deposits ($500) to reserve a H3, fully refundable if you dont want the Hummer when it comes in.
I reserved mine last week and it should be in a 2-3 weeks http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HummerNewbie
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Still haven't gotten a final price for mine. Put a $1K deposit down a couple of months ago. They were asking $2500 but wouldn't do that. If I don't take delivery, they keep $50. Last I was told it would probably be in July.

JoeR
05-18-2005, 11:55 PM
By July, they'll be had for $2000 off MSRP. Advance orders are less than one month's supply at the dealers in the midwest area and they will want them off the lots once they start coming in without an owner. Smarter to wait a bit.

Roughwater
05-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get by Lynch here in St. Louis in the next week and see what they have to say.

killian
05-19-2005, 06:55 PM
I just called my dealer and asked about pricing. They're doing 2,250 over MSRP. The three Hummer dealerships here in the Phoenix area are all owned by the same guy, he's charging the same at all 3 of his places.

Hmm, I can't have the color I want (blue) and you're going to charge me extra? I have a feeling that I'm going to pass for now.

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm with you killian. Really want the blue and am not willing to pay over MSRP for it. I have waited this long, I can wait a little longer http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif if I have to.