PDA

View Full Version : Gauge cluster lens part#?

AUHUMMER
04-26-2006, 01:41 AM
OK...I've searched the site and haven't found another DA who has, or will admit to, cracking the gauge cluster lens. Actually, I have 9 and 7 year-old boys with what appear to be ironclad alibis but their records are working against them. Anyway... I need a part # or info on a replacement gauge lens---if it even is a separate part. By the way, new to the site and the H2---both are a blast.
Thanks

kodiakz
04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I think those boys are going to be pulling a lot of weeds this summer as that cluster is all one piece--the front lens does not come off (at least not normally). New clusters only cost about $250 and you can get custom ones if you like as well.

AUHUMMER
04-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the response---that's what I suspected would be the case. But, I can say that at $250+/- my tolerance level has gone way up. Besides, the cracks (2) are at the lower left in front of the coolant temp. You wait, when the sweat starts flowing, one of them will ge ratted out. That sibling loyalty only goes so deep at their age. Thanks again

AUHUMMER
04-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Just an update in case any of you have the same problem. I found the lens at alldiscountparts.com for $66 plus shipping. Actually, it is the lens attached to the black bezel that surrounds the gauge faces. Easy, but tedious, install. Be careful---lots of plastic and small clips. Took about 2 hours first time---could probably do it again in 30-45 minutes.

Cazador
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Do you have a part number for this? I have a small crack on the lower right side. Doesn't really bother me, but I'd like to replace it.

AUHUMMER
10-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Don't have a part #, but if you go to alldiscountparts.com and enter your vehicle year, make, and model--then pick "Instrument Panel" then "Cluster and Switches", then "Lens" you can see illustration and price. Sorry but I long ago threw away the old info and packaging.

Cazador
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds good.

Thank you!