PDA

View Full Version : SERVICE 4WD INDICATOR

TroysH2
11-08-2005, 08:21 PM
What electrical device/s send this message(SERVICE 4WD) to the Instrument Panel. The Locking Rear Axle Button flashes sometimes as well.

TroysH2
11-08-2005, 08:21 PM
What electrical device/s send this message(SERVICE 4WD) to the Instrument Panel. The Locking Rear Axle Button flashes sometimes as well.

NoMoGMPG
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroysH2:
What electrical device/s send this message(SERVICE 4WD) to the Instrument Panel. The Locking Rear Axle Button flashes sometimes as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Encoder motor, 4wd module, diff actuator, etc.

TroysH2
11-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Thank you for your reply.

Maybe I should be a little more specific. What electrical device/s initiate a "SERVICE 4WD" message to the Instrument Panel and would also cause the Locking Rear Axle Button to flash.

Thanks

alecs wife
11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
In my experience, that message meant that the coil assembly retainer has failed. This means that the actuator wires have been broken due to the rotation of a component designed to remain stationary. This will require the replacement of the coil assembly because the wires ripped durring rotation. You will need to remove the e-locker, remove the bearing, and C clip in order to remove and replace the coil assembly. The coil will cost you around $150 bucks.

This will be covered under warranty.

view pics

alecs wife
11-09-2005, 11:45 PM
The wire is connected to the coil.

alecs wife
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
The coil retainer is a 3/16 this hardened wire that fractures under pressure.

the pic shows the broken retainer.

alecs wife
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Because this happened to me 3 times, I designed and custom manufactured a new retainer. I will have to post the specs some time.