PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for accessories?

Jeff G.
01-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Does anybody know the easiest place to tap into an ignition controlled hot wire. I'm trying to power a cell phone kit without using a lighter plug, and need it ignition controlled.

Jeff G.
01-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Does anybody know the easiest place to tap into an ignition controlled hot wire. I'm trying to power a cell phone kit without using a lighter plug, and need it ignition controlled.

Hummer Man
01-30-2003, 06:07 PM
On the inside fuse panel - When you open driver side door and look at end of dash there it is the top secret panel door with all the fuses!!

Jeff G.
01-30-2003, 08:26 PM
I already checked into the obvious, but tapping off of mini fuses isn't the easiest thing to do. I have used the small clips sold for the purpose, and they tend to enlarge the contacts for the fuse in the fuse holder. When you go to remove the clip, the fuse does not make good contact anymore. What I am trying to find out is if there is an easily identified wire to tap off of, or a power point somewhere under the dash. I checked the unused fuse holders with a multi meter and they are not powered.

Hummer Man
01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Go for the pink wire under the dash right below steering wheel. It is a switched acessory with very low or no voltage. I always like to do a dead run back to the battery with ten guage and then run relays to the acessory side. Always ground each device on its own as you add other components. I currently have the following hooked up this way:

FRIDGE
PS II
DUAL LCD SCREENS
DVD PLAYER

TonkaH2
01-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Where'd you put the fridge? Got any pics of that?

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order [forever]
Alaska to ??? June '03
www.sunspotnatural.com (http://www.sunspotnatural.com)