PDA

View Full Version : PhilD are you out there?

Spike
12-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Im installing my new roof rack light bar and I have some questions can you go to chat room? I'll be standing by.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Spike
12-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Im installing my new roof rack light bar and I have some questions can you go to chat room? I'll be standing by.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Spike
12-19-2003, 02:22 PM
PhilD,

Here are my questions:

Step 4)to get the existing cross bars off the instructions tell you to remove the plastic covers at the rear end of the roof rack side rails. How the hell do they come off? There is a little tab that when you push in it lets you pull the cover up about 1/2 inch but then it stops. Should I be pulling harder or is there another release to get those covers off?

Step 18)they tell you to connect the body harness into the Z82 location of the MidBec. According to the diagram it looks like it is the second one in from the left on the top row. That makes the lights have power all the time. I remember you eluded to wiring them elsewhere to only have them come on with the ignition on. Judging by the diagram it looks like you said to plug into the SEO 6 way BLK in the upper left corner of the MidBec. Is that the one directly to the left of the one the instructions recommend plugging into?

Should the lamps be mounted straight out level or should they pitch down slightly?

When seating the grommet in the hole do you use any additional sealant or calking or just the grommet?

I am planning on mounting the switch to the blank under the rear wiper control. Do those 2 allen head screws remove that entire section of the dash or is there something else I need to do to get that portion of the dash off?

Spike
12-19-2003, 02:37 PM
PhilD if you are out there check out these questions please.

Spike
12-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks a million! I appreciate all your help.
Spike (Phil D.) Yea I'm a Phil D. also.