PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a hitch

YellowH3
09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
I need to get a hitch on my H3. When I bought it, I was under the impression it had one on it. I was wrong, and the day after I signed, I called my salesman back to let him know, I thought it had a hitch but it doesn't. He said go to U-Haul. Nice huh? I think I will mention that on the sales survey. I am in Scottsdale, AZ. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

YellowH3
09-15-2005, 04:42 PM
I need to get a hitch on my H3. When I bought it, I was under the impression it had one on it. I was wrong, and the day after I signed, I called my salesman back to let him know, I thought it had a hitch but it doesn't. He said go to U-Haul. Nice huh? I think I will mention that on the sales survey. I am in Scottsdale, AZ. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

timgco
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you have to get a different bumper too. I think there was a post on this where some lady bought a H3 and wanted to add a hitch and had issues in doing so. Try a search on H3 hitch.
Good luck,
Tim.

H3wannabe
09-15-2005, 05:45 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think that you need to buy a new bumper. You would if you tried to use the hitch from Hummer that comes with that H3 option.

There are already 2 hitch companies that have hitches for the H3 (I believe draw-tite and Reese). The bad news is I believe that you have to remove the muffler to install them.

H3wannabe

HummerNewbie
09-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Is an aftermarket hitch going to reduce your departure angle?

Game Over
09-15-2005, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:

There are already 2 hitch companies that have hitches for the H3 (I believe draw-tite and Reese). The bad news is I believe that you have to remove the muffler to install them.

H3wannabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Attached is the Draw-tite hitch and the link to the installation manual:

http://www.draw-tite.net/pdf/N75382.pdf

f5fstop
09-15-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Is an aftermarket hitch going to reduce your departure angle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most likely, yes. The factory hitch comes with a bumper that allows it to almost fit flush with the bottom of the bumper. An aftermarket hitch would have to hang below the bumper; unless you cut out the bumper where the hitch is installed.

Reason Hummer did it this way is to allow for less reduction in the departure angle. Why they didn't just produce one bumper with the cutout in it for all applications, is due to they did not want the muffler showing through the cutout in the bumper, if no hitch installed.

H3 Hummer
09-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Try U-Haul. I don't know if it is by state or location but I got one there installed in the past and they actually new what they were doing and were cheaper than most.

YellowH3
09-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I have been running into everything you guys/girls were talking about. I did get a price from U-Haul. $262.73 installed. $200.00 not installed. They did seem like they knew what they were talking about. They said they have done a few already. I think I will get it from them and install it myself. Thanks again for the replies, Tim

Laura
09-16-2005, 05:34 PM
yellow H3---Im from phx to and when i called they said there wasnt one yet avaible..So which one did you call?..I did talk to a guy whoe did a hitch for my 5th wheel so the boat could go behind it and he said he could fab one but his price was around 400.oo. I also was told nothing about this from the Kachina Dealer when i said how much a hitch was need ...his reply was its no big deal...nothing mentioned about the bumper change..I dont really see the need to change my bumber because the kinda off road ill be doing is just to get into the back lake roads to meet the husband on tournments. My husband is convinced that i look for mud holes because of the looks of his truck when i do meet up with him, i sorta do just cause i like the mud but i dont tell him that. NOw i have my own mud truck!!!!