PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Controll, Off Road Lights and Trailer Brakes

dm
07-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Ok here is the info I have gotten so far. If you have the offroad lights, GM uses the brake wireing harness for the lights. My airstream dealer then had to hook up the brake controller around the system. He hooked the into the brake signal under the dash. Aperntly this causes the cruise controll to not be able to engage. The only idea they have now is to take the brake signal from the tail lights. Any one else been able to get this to work ?

D Maloney

dm
07-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Ok here is the info I have gotten so far. If you have the offroad lights, GM uses the brake wireing harness for the lights. My airstream dealer then had to hook up the brake controller around the system. He hooked the into the brake signal under the dash. Aperntly this causes the cruise controll to not be able to engage. The only idea they have now is to take the brake signal from the tail lights. Any one else been able to get this to work ?

D Maloney

Ken Batchelor Hummer
07-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Hummer was supposed to be coming out with a revised wireing harness for the off road lights. They quarantined the lights in the dealership until they could correct the problem. The difficulty occured because the lights utilzed the same position in the fuse panel as the trailer lights/brakes. I will get with out techs on monday and find out the final details.