PDA

View Full Version : Lift and rear axle movement question

W1N
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, I have been thinking of getting a lift, but I saw a H2 SUT of finnish F1 driver today and talked to his mechanic. They complained that once the Rancho 4" (But definately is more like 6") lift was installed the rear axle had moved to right. They were thinking of having adjustable pan hard rod and thought that it would help somehow.

They also complained about the driveability of the truck. It seemed like the rear axle caused the truck to push to side somehow. They said that it has gotten a really uneasy truck to drive and streering is pulling to a side. You can clearly see that in the rear the tires are uneven. I mean that you can clearly see that right hand side tire is more out than left.

The mechanic was telling me that off the bumbs the truck would hit the high end of suspension very easily. Sounded very weird to me.

I thought I asked you guys to understand if this is normal for lifted trucks. I hope not. And if it is not, what could it be?

Thanks, I'll try to get some pictures as I'll go over there to pick up my H2 http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fubar
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
what Phil said. X2.