PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Exhaust?

H2Finally
01-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi All,

My H2 is 3 weeks old (the wife finally relented and let me get one) with almost 1500 miles already on it. Loving it big time! (almost like that commercial on TV where any excuse will do to get me out the door and into the H2... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Does anyone know of any exhaust that would result in quieter interior experience? Don't much care how it sound from the outside. Don't need extra horsepower (from the exhaust).

The object is to woo my wife to love the H2 more -- then I can get the supercharger...

(Btw, those that think 'hen-pecked' -- a glimpse of her beauty will make you understand http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

04 Pewter

H2Finally
01-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi All,

My H2 is 3 weeks old (the wife finally relented and let me get one) with almost 1500 miles already on it. Loving it big time! (almost like that commercial on TV where any excuse will do to get me out the door and into the H2... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Does anyone know of any exhaust that would result in quieter interior experience? Don't much care how it sound from the outside. Don't need extra horsepower (from the exhaust).

The object is to woo my wife to love the H2 more -- then I can get the supercharger...

(Btw, those that think 'hen-pecked' -- a glimpse of her beauty will make you understand http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

04 Pewter

H2Finally
02-01-2004, 01:17 AM
This topic is dead. No one knows or cares. Totally unrelated waste-of-time but under same topic is going on at general.

04 Pewter

KenP
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I care. I really do. Just give the wife a set of earplugs. Sylish ones.:giggling:

tomp
01-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Corsa Touring exhaust

Humdingah
01-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Pictures of the hen-pecker!

KenP
01-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Pictures of the hen-pecker!She's too beautiful for this forum.

Too bad for us.:( :D

KenP
09-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi All,

04 PewterLMAO again!!!

tower
09-06-2007, 02:14 AM
She's too beautiful for this forum. :lame:

Too bad for us.:( :D

B.S.!! Expose your (hen) pecker to all!

h2co-pilot
09-06-2007, 02:26 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=H2Finally

:clapping:

H2Finally
09-06-2007, 04:46 AM
:jump::jump:

:fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance:

frenzy1
09-06-2007, 06:48 AM
:jump::jump:

:fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance:

:perfect10s:

H2BRUTE
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
If your wife is not truly a car person, who appreciates all the finer accessories such as dual exhausts, headers, superchargers, then leave the exhaust the oem one. It provides a quiet ride and won't upset your honey. I installed a Bassani exhaust on my BRUTE and wife immediately noticed the "loud noise" as she called it..She is still putting up with it, but dislikes it immensely..Told her that's unfortunately the price you pay for marrying a car fanatic..On another note, I installed a dvd player into my nav system and she just loves it now since she can watch movies whenever and wherever we go without her concentrating so much on the noise.. I recently installed Dynamax long tube headers and it really got even louder..She hasn't noticed that.. Supercharger gets installed within 2 weeks..Wonder how I will explain that noise...I guess I can try to keep it below warp drive while she is with me...But then again, if you are a car nut like the rest of us, just enjoy it and do whatever the heck makes you happy....Da BRUTE

IRA51
09-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Did I miss something,the factory exaust is as quiet as it gets. if you want it quieter than you can add a resinator to the factory system .

dkhummerh2
09-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey H2 Brute. My wife told me that we needed to take it to the shop because there was a hole in the muffler and the truck whined when she went to pass people. In here own words, "the thing is really messed up"
I am running a whipple s/c and a corsa exhaust. Just thought it was funny.
dk

dkhummerh2
09-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I did some research and Gereral Motors does make a solution for this issue. It comes in a variety of colors as well. Have you heard of the H3.
Just kidding, keep it stock and she will get used to it.
dk

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
09-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Man the only thing that comes to my mind concerning about whether I would keep an H2 or making it meet my desires over a woman that is by minimal description that I can come to my own mental idea of her looks. She is so fine she would drive me out of my mind thus if so be the case concerning her there are several other rides I would gladly own to make her happy. Women so fine are so hard to come by they are so few and far between I could supress one vehicle lust I have to keep a woman as so fine. My logic tells me my odds are against catchiing another such as she as 1) I would most likley not ever fine another any better and 2) I'm most likely do not posses anything of looks, character, or money that would help me catch another so fine as the one I somehow caught this time around.

Now do not misunderstand I'm as crazy about my H2 as anyone is of their's and maybe more so considering between sponsors and myself my H2 has had about $125,000 put into it, including purchase cost and more to be spent, for show and then just plain old what TAZ wanted on it to make TAZ happy. There are just certain things in life that I would not put above a woman that would be so fine as she, that would have her to be mine. Yet when I return to the very raw nature of a MAN that I consider myself to be then I believe I could satisfy my lust for my H2 by risking a woman so fine knowing that there are many woman of beauty that would have the same lust for my H2 as I. If I PO'd so really as fine a woman then I'm quite capable and would put that fine woman in her place risking loosing her by simply asking for her to be reasonable about my few toys I enjoy and if it is not to her liking then I would have to be the MAN I thought I was and not what she thinks I should be. This would then be me making the decision to satisfy my lust for my H2 and then just having to settle for the next lower level of beauty that would also have the lust for an H2 as I do which in my eyes would then put the world in balance considering I still would end up with a great beauty with the same priorities as I had which meant she too overlooked the many FLAWS I have as me not being fine, yet she satisfied her ideals with me and her grossly out of proportional lust for my H2 as I have. Thus it all balances out since we both lowered our sights of the man or woman we thought we needed and still kept the pure lust for the H2.

If I'm looking at this wrong please help me to have a better understanding of the issue at hand. Seriously, especially the Buds I have had on here for a number of years and some know me more personally that I think they do not believe I'm a nut case. I'm just a guy trying to look at keeping my little world in balance and still having my needs met and being happy, RIGHT?

I do not intend this to be a reflection on anyone else's choices in life as all men and women have their own priorities. This is just how I can see to cut corners or lower expectations yet maintain the balance of keeping the things I love all in proportion. I would look at it justly as it could be switching places with many beautiful women, right? Then they may give up a really fine man to balance out their desires and keep themselves happy with lowering their expectations of whatever defines fine looking while retaining the H2 lust that many women feel same as men. I know there are some members of this forum of brothers and sisters that maybe I have been able to state your positions or similarly of some kind. Do not know why I tried but, as most know I jump on a soap box ever so often.

TAZ

iccon
09-13-2007, 05:35 AM
I seen your wife she looked sweet with those muffs on her ears