PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Parnelli Jones 38x15.5x17's

HUMMERDOGG
07-17-2003, 12:20 AM
ALL-

I want to run these tires but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality by lifting it using the ford torsion bar keyways (assuming the 2"'s of lift accomplished by this would accomodate the PJ 18's) so, my question to the forum is this: can I install a Rancho 4.5" kit and turn the torsion bars down (keeping in mind that I have to fit in my 81" garage at the house and at the office and also keeping in mind I will not have a roof rack) while still being able to clear these tires?

I have also been toying with the idea of using airbags in the front and back to lift the truck up while driving it around and then deflating them to park in either of my garages. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks for the help on this.

-HUMMERDOGG

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

HUMMERDOGG
07-17-2003, 12:20 AM
ALL-

I want to run these tires but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality by lifting it using the ford torsion bar keyways (assuming the 2"'s of lift accomplished by this would accomodate the PJ 18's) so, my question to the forum is this: can I install a Rancho 4.5" kit and turn the torsion bars down (keeping in mind that I have to fit in my 81" garage at the house and at the office and also keeping in mind I will not have a roof rack) while still being able to clear these tires?

I have also been toying with the idea of using airbags in the front and back to lift the truck up while driving it around and then deflating them to park in either of my garages. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks for the help on this.

-HUMMERDOGG

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*