PDA

View Full Version : Wiper speed problem updates?

devilsfan
01-15-2004, 01:33 PM
My wiper speed often won't shift down to intermittent once it's been on low or high. I noticed on a past thread that this has happened with other H2s, but hadn't been fixed since the dealer could not duplicate the problem. Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution yet?

Stacy

2003 yellow Lux with sunroof, 3rd row seat,painted dash, rear tire carrier
1970 VW Karmann Ghia, black with a flame job and too many mods to list

devilsfan
01-15-2004, 01:33 PM
My wiper speed often won't shift down to intermittent once it's been on low or high. I noticed on a past thread that this has happened with other H2s, but hadn't been fixed since the dealer could not duplicate the problem. Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution yet?

Stacy

drouke
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
I was having the same problem. It all climaxed with my wipers not turning off at all and the washer pumps spraying out all of the fluid. The dealer had to replace the washer fluid pump and both wiper motors as well as some wiring that they said was shorting out, which was causing the problem.

89vette
01-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Mine does it too from time to time. I thought I was cracking up. I just chalk it up to live with it. I also from time to time have super hot air coming out of the passenger vents and cold air out of the drivers vents even though both sids are set on 60.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

Erod
01-15-2004, 02:52 PM

I had the same problem with the A/C and my dealer replaced the actuator, since he has had several cases of it getting stuck. And thats why you experience different temperatures than what the display states. But regarding the windshield motor, I had it replaced the first time I went into service, since according to my service advisor there was a recall on it. Hope this helps

Erick

devilsfan
01-15-2004, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erod:
But regarding the windshield motor, I had it replaced the first time I went into service, since according to my service advisor there was a recall on it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had seen this recall too, and had a similar recall on my Chevy pickup. I think it's unrelated to the wiper control mechanism tho -- something along the lines of the motor cracking?

It hasn't been driving me crazy (I just noticed it recently, since we've only had rain 2x since October when I bought the truck), but I want to make sure it's not a part of something much more serious. I don't want to leave it at the dealer's for a few days while they try to figure it out, since it's my daily driver.

Stacy

Stacy

hinten
01-15-2004, 06:51 PM
I had the same problem, wipers wouldn't go into intermittent after continous.
They 'fixed" it for me. Now it doesn't happen all the time but only every other time.
I won't go back to get it fixed again because my dealer didn't believe me in the first place.

Hummer - fixing the car by approximation.

HummerN23
01-16-2004, 01:21 AM
I just had this problem fixed on my '03. Dealer said that the wiper motor was overheating and causing a short, preventing the wipers from going back to intermittent.
They replaced the motor.

MAC
01-16-2004, 05:08 AM
Happened to my wiper only once for a very brief period (30 seconds) a year ago. The wiper did not change speed when I turn the control, but I instantly switched it back and forth a couple times, all went back to normal, the wiper has been used many times since then without any problem. Rear wiper is also fine with no fluid leak at all.

No heat and A/C problem in 15.5 months.

Grendel
01-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I have seen this happen also. I haven't gone to get it fixed but when I go (eventually) to get the seat memory problem fixed, I will try to get this remedied also.
I have noticed when mine does this, I have to turn the wipers off, then I can get them back to an intermitant setting.

2003 Pewter H2

Grendel
02-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Just thought I would share an update on this topic.
I took my H2 in to get the seat memory fixed and mentioned to them the problem I saw with the wiper speed. They told me they do have a bulletin describing my problem and like HummerN23, they replaced the motor.

2003 Pewter H2

Grendel
03-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Had to use the wipers yesterday and the problem was not solved.

2003 Pewter H2

devilsfan
03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Grendel - Just got mine back on Friday after taking it in for the same bulletin. I haven't had to use the wipers yet, so I'll let you know if their 'fix' worked - looks like rain tomorrow. I was really impressed tho - had the 'pinging' muffler, wiper problem, heater problem, and oil change all taken care of in about 6 hours at the dealer. I'll be even more impressed if the problems are actually taken care of. At least the muffler isn't pinging anymore.

Stacy

Circuitguy
03-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Same thing with the wipers happend to me too! Two new wiper motors later "two days at the dealer" and it seems to be all fixed. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>

RIC-H0
03-01-2004, 10:29 PM
What muffler pinging sound Stacy?

Ric-H2

RIC-H0
03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
I've heard a loud slapping sound when I've changed from cool to heat or vise versa, it takes it a while to go from one extreme to the next. Is this the actuator problem ya'll were referring to?

Ric-H2

devilsfan
03-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Ric -

With the muffler, I only heard the noise after shutting the truck off after it had been running a while. Basically just an occassional 'ping' that would come from under the truck. I figured since I had the truck at the dealer I might as well have it taken care of. Hummer has issued a bulletin about this, the dealer just secures the muffler better with some aftermarket straps.

For the actuator, the problem I had -- and seems to be not uncommon with the 2003 -- was when I changed settings on the ac/heat (like from 70F, front fan, to 60F and defrost), the temp would shoot to 80F and I'd get hot air blowing out of all vents. The temp dial wouldn't shift it, I had to shut the whole system down. Normally not a problem, but driving at 70 MPH in rain and you start to fog up your windshield, 80F air does NOT help. It only happened once, but the wreck potential was definitely there.

Stacy