PDA

View Full Version : URGENT !!!! HYPERTECH PROBLEM !!!

Ernie Italy
11-12-2005, 12:54 PM
During Hypertech programming...is not the first time... on H2 display i seen "Reduced Engine Power". What happen ??
It's the first time but during the normal driving, also on offroad, do not appear ?
Hypertech problem ?
Call Hummer dealer ?

Thanks..

Ernie Italy
11-12-2005, 12:54 PM
During Hypertech programming...is not the first time... on H2 display i seen "Reduced Engine Power". What happen ??
It's the first time but during the normal driving, also on offroad, do not appear ?
Hypertech problem ?
Call Hummer dealer ?

Thanks..

Screeper
11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
If it is during the programming dont worry about it. If it is after the programing, you might have a problem.

kodiakz
11-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Did your service engine soon light come on? IF you do have a prob, you may want to reinstall the oem tune before going to the dealer just to be sure they don't hassle you.

Ernie Italy
11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Also after reinstall the stock tune, during writing the computer the "info" appear for a second. When close program and remove the connection all are normal

timgco
11-12-2005, 04:49 PM
NO WORRIES! It will flash service 4WD and service engine and reduced engine power and there was one more, but I cannot remember. If those codes apear after the install is completed, than worry about it.

Ernie Italy
11-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Many thanks. Tomorrow I go for a trip on Tagliamento River in Italy. One of the best spot for Hummer... I'm the only one !!! Sometimes Humvee (very old). Its a place were our army goes to practice with tanks and soldiers many years ago... Mud sand, no rock as Moab, woods and water...
Thanks to all

ROX
11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernie Italy:
Many thanks. Tomorrow I go for a trip on Tagliamento River in Italy. One of the best spot for Hummer... I'm the only one !!! Sometimes Humvee (very old). Its a place were our army goes to practice with tanks and soldiers many years ago... Mud sand, no rock as Moab, woods and water...
Thanks to all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Be sure and post pics of your trip. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Ernie timgco is correct. If the messages are there after the program do an immediate reinstall of factory tune. Then make sure You have all the fuses pulled like You are supposed to at programming. Make sure that all power using items are turned of, even a radar detector. You cannot have power drain if at all possible or it will pull up these DTC's You got and as timgco mentioned maybe more.

TAZ

Ernie Italy
11-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Turn off vehicle cellular and portable.... during the programming my portable have ringing....
Now after reinstall stock and reprogram no other message on H2 display.
The only DTCS that are reported anytime in B0229... Hummer says that is regarded AC... But I do not have any problem..

The only problem with H2 is the breakover angle... stuck one time yesterday with the bottom on the ground... but i can go where the other car can do (some lift car exclused ... Wrangler... Patrol... Defender) but only lift...

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Ernie You could have had a quick wierd thing that just for an instant tripped the code. You can unplug the positve cable for minutes and clear.
If You got a programmer then You should be able to clear.
Something that I have used for a couple years that I recommend is E/X Carchip. I got the more costlier one as it will plug into You OBD2 port and collect 300 hours of info and it has basic things You cannot change but, has 8 or so that You can scroll through and pick some items You want to monitor. You hook it to computer to download and then set chip to reset computer when You plug it in again. it will work on any rig from 1996 and newer.

TAZ

vip808
11-15-2005, 01:34 AM
i remember reading somewhere in here,that you should have your battery hooked to a charger whenever programming the computer...