PDA

View Full Version : Anti-offroading Companies.

DRTYFN
10-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Was check ing out another off-roading BB and saw the following:

"Try Camping World or Cabela's.
If you HAVE to buy from REI, make it your only purchase. They are staunch supporters of our opponents. They do not like or support motorized recreation. In fact, they give tons of money to non-motor groups and REFUSE to support anything but muscle powered recreation.

Two of the groups we recommend you BAN are:
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (same reasons)
and REI. "

This irks me because I just bought a mountain bike from REI this summer.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I don't like B&J's anyway. Bunch of hippies.

We need to make each other aware of the companies & groups that are SUV opponents & are trying to ban off-roading.

DRTYFN
10-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Was check ing out another off-roading BB and saw the following:

"Try Camping World or Cabela's.
If you HAVE to buy from REI, make it your only purchase. They are staunch supporters of our opponents. They do not like or support motorized recreation. In fact, they give tons of money to non-motor groups and REFUSE to support anything but muscle powered recreation.

Two of the groups we recommend you BAN are:
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (same reasons)
and REI. "

This irks me because I just bought a mountain bike from REI this summer.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I don't like B&J's anyway. Bunch of hippies.

We need to make each other aware of the companies & groups that are SUV opponents & are trying to ban off-roading.

argonaut
10-30-2003, 09:01 PM
REI can't be that bad. I'm making money off of their new store in the Pearl, so I can't hate them... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KenP
10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
I have been boycotting B&J's since I first heard about them. Never even been in one.
What is REI?
I also refuse to view most movies with Baldwins, Robbins etc.
No Starbucks for me, thankyou.
No REM, John Mayer, PBS and on and on.
Certainly no Clintons, Gores, and the rest of that garbage.
I make many choices everyday based on others' opinions I disagree with. That is the only power I have against large and small companies.
FOX News over the Larry King Network.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

CO Hummer
10-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Here's a good non-pinko alternative to Ben & Jerry's. You really should check out this link. Quite amusing.

www.starspangledicecream.com (http://www.starspangledicecream.com)

argonaut
10-30-2003, 09:17 PM
I guess I'm just not political enough to care what a company believes in. Companies are just companies. hey exist to make money. At the basest level, all companies are like that. I can't disagree with that. I like making money. I don't give a **** about politics really. All I care about is that I am embarrassed for our country every time I here Dubya speak. Why couldn't the republicans have picked a better guy to act as a puppet? I shudder when I hear him speak. But his tax cuts are nice, so I'm not complaining too much. I just wish he would go to speech school and learn how to not sound like a monkey jacking off. No offense to die hard Republicans here, I agree with a lot of Republican stuff, but jesus Christ, he sounds like an idiot to any educated person on this planet. How did that guy get elected... Oh yeah, nobody knows what really happened in Florida. That frightened me too. Now this patriot act bullcrap. I think I will just go back to making money and ignore politics again. I hate thinking about it. Why can't we have more than two parties in this country. I don't like either of them.

Drag
10-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Argo, you just listed the primary reasons why I'm a registered indepandant! That, and I don't get as much junk mail from political parties this way. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"

Buckeye Hummer
10-30-2003, 09:28 PM
The only problem is if we go back to ignoring politics we get an ******* like Clinton in office who was getting blowjobs while our defenses were crippled. Several years later the FBI and CIA are in a shambles and no longer have the facilities or funding to stop some religious nuts from flying and killing a bunch of Americans.

Maybe George is not the best speaker (he's not), but the limited vocabulary he has is real and he does act on it and act fast, which is what this country needed. Now we have couple of dead Hussein's, a crippled Al Qaeda and an economy on the mend.

Yes, I also support:

Ronald Reagan
2 Georges
Colin Powell
Arnold
Hummer
Apple Pie
and Chevrolet

My father recently was behind an H1 that said in big letters PEACE as he approached closer it said:

PEACE
Through Superior Firepower http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Orbital H2
10-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Firepower is like horsepower,...You can never have enough..

You've got to admit that Slick Wilie found a sure fire way of getting Hillary elected in NY, simply let about 60 Puerto Ricans Terrorist from the FALN go and you have half of the state voting for you

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust

Centerfire
10-31-2003, 12:00 AM
I read your note with a touch of sadness. THe mentioned companys are donating $$$, perhaps your $$$ to ogranizations that are trying to stop you form your hobby or the vec. you chooose to drive. This is their right, just as it is ours to decide not to do business with them. By the way these same companies are also donatoers to the gun control lobbyist. IN addtion to being a police officer, I have owned and operated a retail Firearms staore aqnd range. We are one of the most regulated and harroassed industries in the ISA. It takes regular US Citizens to say enough is enough. I simple wish to ask you to reconsider your views on this matter. If you choose to follow yourpresent path I will defend your right to this opinion.

MIke Hilton
President
POPGUNS INc.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
I guess I'm just not political enough to care what a company believes in. Companies are just companies. hey exist to make money. At the basest level, all companies are like that. I can't disagree with that. I like making money. I don't give a **** about politics really. All I care about is that I am embarrassed for our country every time I here Dubya speak. Why couldn't the republicans have picked a better guy to act as a puppet? I shudder when I hear him speak. But his tax cuts are nice, so I'm not complaining too much. I just wish he would go to speech school and learn how to not sound like a monkey jacking off. No offense to die hard Republicans here, I agree with a lot of Republican stuff, but jesus Christ, he sounds like an idiot to any educated person on this planet. How did that guy get elected... Oh yeah, nobody knows what really happened in Florida. That frightened me too. Now this patriot act bullcrap. I think I will just go back to making money and ignore politics again. I hate thinking about it. Why can't we have more than two parties in this country. I don't like either of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

argonaut
10-31-2003, 03:37 PM
I'm just not into boycotting personally. It just seems silly to me to go so far out of my way to get something I need when I could just go to the closest store. I'm lazy and just don't care enough I guess. If I started to care about that, then I would start worrying about the autocratic dictatorship that this country is turning into, and that would bug me too much. then I would start caring alot more about monkeyboy as president and have to vote democrat just to get rid of him. So no, I think I will continue to not care because it makes living in this country easier in these troubled times. Besides, what do I ever buy from REI anyway... And I don't feel bad making money from REI, or should I. That is less money that they will be spending on anti offroading things. I'm not an ice cream guy anyway. I prefer sorbet.

Fellow Off-Roader
10-31-2003, 06:00 PM
when you have a choice though, why not spend your money with a company that might endorse the outdoors and the activities that many are trying to prevent.

REI at one time like about 15 years ago was that type of company. not that way now so I'll spend my change with someone else.

and yes, its great you're making money from REI. hopefully bundles of it so they have less to spend.

Centerfire
10-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Easier living in troubled times.. I wil have to remember that. Let us hope that you are allowed to continue with this train of thought. Good luck to us all.

Mike

ckhagman
11-02-2003, 02:47 AM
I am from the Philadelphia area and it is sad to say that Ben and Jerry's has a bunch of stores in this area but I will not ever buy their product. Something about them supporting police murderers and stuff doesn't sit well with many people in out area. Sadly not enough people know about it.