PDA

View Full Version : H3 Problems

First Hummer
08-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Im sorry to hear alot of H3 owners are having problems.I can say the only problem(knock on wood)I have had with mine is the noisy marker lights.This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have been threw alot.I guess with first year models this can be expected.

Black H3,Black Interior,Auto Trans Base Package with 33 inch Michelin LTX Tires GrillGurad,Side Bars,Vent Shades,Mudflaps,Rubber Floor Mats,Marker Lights,Dual Exhaust and Remote Starter.

First Hummer
08-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Im sorry to hear alot of H3 owners are having problems.I can say the only problem(knock on wood)I have had with mine is the noisy marker lights.This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have been threw alot.I guess with first year models this can be expected.

Black H3,Black Interior,Auto Trans Base Package with 33 inch Michelin LTX Tires GrillGurad,Side Bars,Vent Shades,Mudflaps,Rubber Floor Mats,Marker Lights,Dual Exhaust and Remote Starter.

HummerBuck
08-28-2005, 03:40 AM
I am also feeling very lucky, having read all the problems our group is having with our H3s. When I bought my H3, I expected a first year model to have quirks and shakedown problems. So far, I have not experienced any problems.

I currently have 6500 miles on my H3 (picked up on July 10). About 5000 of these miles were achieved in the last month on a Massachusetts to south Texas road trip (with many detours on the way).

At 3500 miles, I was in Ft. Worth, TX and went to the local Hummer dealer for my first service and was treated like a king.

I got an average of 17 mpg on the trip and drove through flat lands and mountains. I did not experience trouble with the power of the engine, and I drove on mainly interstate highways. Entering traffic and passing cars and trucks (even on hills) was not a problem. It was just a matter of timing and practice. I don't know what the maximum speed is for the Hummer, but I do know you can go 90 mph without strain in a convoy through Tennessee at night on Interstate 40.

I did not get flipped off by anyone for driving a Hummer.

The only real problem I had on the trip was getting out of gas stations and parking lots in under 45 minutes because of questions about the Hummer from curious people.

I am very happy I chose a Hummer and will until it suddenly falls apart in the middle of the road.

DarthKarl
08-28-2005, 07:39 AM
I have had my H3 for a week now and I have to say - so far - I am 100% satisfied. I too have been worried that with a 1st year model there may be bugs. But right now, my girl has been performing extremely well. It is an exceptional rig and is the single funniest vehicle I have ever driven. I fall more in love with it each time I get behind the wheel.

After a week on asphalt my Hummer desperately needed to touch some dirt, so the family and I took it off the paved path on Saturday. It was a great drive!!!

First Hummer
08-28-2005, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerBuck:
I am also feeling very lucky, having read all the problems our group is having with our H3s. When I bought my H3, I expected a first year model to have quirks and shakedown problems. So far, I have not experienced any problems.

I currently have 6500 miles on my H3 (picked up on July 10). About 5000 of these miles were achieved in the last month on a Massachusetts to south Texas road trip (with many detours on the way).

At 3500 miles, I was in Ft. Worth, TX and went to the local Hummer dealer for my first service and was treated like a king.

I got an average of 17 mpg on the trip and drove through flat lands and mountains. I did not experience trouble with the power of the engine, and I drove on mainly interstate highways. Entering traffic and passing cars and trucks (even on hills) was not a problem. It was just a matter of timing and practice. I don't know what the maximum speed is for the Hummer, but I do know you can go 90 mph without strain in a convoy through Tennessee at night on Interstate 40.

I did not get flipped off by anyone for driving a Hummer.

The only real problem I had on the trip was getting out of gas stations and parking lots in under 45 minutes because of questions about the Hummer from curious people.

I am very happy I chose a Hummer and will until it suddenly falls apart in the middle of the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My H3 was one of the first batches to be delivered to my dealer.Picked it up on June 3rd, sounds like some of these problem H3 where from later batches.Hey buck I see you are from Mass. what part dude.

HummerBuck
08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Berkshire County

hyperion78
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
ya most of them seem to have under a 1000 miles on them when this problem crops up.

richk
08-28-2005, 05:50 PM
My list of problems so far:

1. Front end alignment.
2. Front end alignment again (dealer didn't get it right the first time).
3. Marker lights installed wrong, dealer had to take it apart and fix it.
4. Marker lights wind noise (after dealer fix its better but still noisy).
5. Clunking noise (dealer could not find any problem initially).
6. Gas pedal vibrations (dealer could not find any problem initially).
7. Squeaking from rear passenger side door.
8. Squeaking from front drivers door.
9. Tire pressure low message comes on once a week (tire pressure has been verified as correct).
10. Stability control failure message came on once.
11. Need a replacement rear differential (waiting on Hummer to figure out what to do), dealer thinks this is the cause of items 5 & 6.

I will tell you that all these problems have tarnished my initial joy of getting a Hummer. My H3 has been in the service bay almost every week since I purchased it a little over a month ago and I haven't even gotten to my first oil change yet. Based on my experience so far, I would not recommend this vehicle to a friend. If they really wanted an H3 I would tell them to wait until the next model year.

mightypuck
08-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow...so many problems out there. Guess I'm fortunate with my H3. Bought it on 8/9/05 and after 1000 miles, haven't had any of the mentioned problems on this blog. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

mightypuck
08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh and it seems the problems may be isolated. I noticed the same people always complaining about their H3's. Possible lemon????

Georgemarc
08-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I guess I consider myself fortunate. Had mine 5 weeks, 1600 miles and not one problem or concern. Sorry to hear of others problems

First Hummer
08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Georgemarc:
I guess I consider myself fortunate. Had mine 5 weeks, 1600 miles and not one problem or concern. Sorry to hear of others problems </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe some of the H3 that have problems are the ones built on the weekend.I was always told dont buy a vehicle if it was partially built on the weekend,because they might not remember where they left off when Monday comes.

H3OH
08-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Where can we find the build date on the vehicle? Is it a code?

f5fstop
08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Georgemarc:
I guess I consider myself fortunate. Had mine 5 weeks, 1600 miles and not one problem or concern. Sorry to hear of others problems </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe some of the H3 that have problems are the ones built on the weekend.I was always told dont buy a vehicle if it was partially built on the weekend,because they might not remember where they left off when Monday comes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These plants are so automated now, believe me, if they leave a chassis hanging and shut down, they know where to begin. Some plants, actually build through and leave nothing in the line for the next day. No sure about Shreveport...H3 Builder can answer that one. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif