PDA

View Full Version : 15K Service

JamesT
04-05-2004, 11:59 AM
I just dropped my H2 off at the dealership for an oil change. The service writter told me that at 15K miles there are many other things to be done. Fuel injectores...blah blah blah stuff. Total over $500.00. Is this correct? Do these things need that kind of service at just 15K? Thanks!

JamesT
I just dropped my H2 off at the dealership for an oil change. The service writter told me that at 15K miles there are many other things to be done. Fuel injectores...blah blah blah stuff. Total over $500.00. Is this correct? Do these things need that kind of service at just 15K? Thanks!

JamesT

mbdougl
04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
NO

car dealers = thieves

JamesT
04-05-2004, 12:36 PM
mbdougl,

Geez...thanks for the educated answer. I see by your avitar that you a somewhat new to this forum. In most cases we ask that you offer some insight to your answers to questions that we ask. Have you had a 15K service? Do you have any actual knowledge of this topic or are you just statateing an opinion? Do you own a Hummer? Thanks for playing.

mbdougl
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
James T,

I am venting because I have my cadillac in for service and am having to pay $1,000 for a new "water cooled" alternator. I have owned GM trucks for years including an 03 H2 and dealers are in business to make money so they will always recommend that you spend yours. Some people believe you should rotate your tires every 15K miles, I tend to do only what is necessary, oil changes, brakes, etc. I personally believe there is no reason to clean the fuel system until it runs rough. The biggest one that bugs me is flushing the coolant on a system that is working perfectly, why fix it if it ain't broke?

03 White Lux
mbdougl

TroysH2
04-05-2004, 01:03 PM
H2 Manual(2003) Scheduled Maintenance

15,000 Miles

>Inspect engine air cleaner filter if you are driving in dusty conditions. Replace if necessary

>Check rear/front axle fluid level and add fluid as needed. Check constant velocity joints and axle seals for leaking.

>Rotate tires.

$500.00 for this serice is about $450.00 too much!!!!

It is amazing how problems occur after service from the dealership.

Many on this forum have mentioned the lack of service from the HUMMER dealerships.

Good Luck!
troy

JamesT
04-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Thought so...I am not a happy man right now. I hope the service writter has a VERY good explination. I'm on the phone now with anther Hummer dealership and they echo what Troy said.

\"Doc\"-sqrd
04-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi James,

The rationale is similar to medical screening exams such as mammography for the ladies, colonoscopy for those over 50, PSA levels for our prostates, etc. If a problem goes undetected until you have symptoms (human or auto), it may be more difficult to repair/replace once its "broke". It is true that you may save money by postponing your screening exams or H2 service, you would need to weigh the risks versus benefits.

JamesT
04-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Just picked it up. They did the oil and lube as well as fuel injector cleaners and "bumper to bumper" inspection. They also did a warranty job on the front windshield to eliminate some noise. They pointed this out and I would recoment everyone have theirs checked. Its a recall issue that has been addressed on this forum. Spent $350.00. There WAS a problem though. They said that they replaced the air filter. Here's the problem. I have an aftermarket air system so they could not have replaced the filter. The service manager said that it was a "typo". Sure.

oma
04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
This always ticks me off too, as well, my dealer never seems to be able to locate the warrant/recall stuff. I check this forum regularly and read up on some of the things that are also occuring on my H2, and I can never get my dealer to fix them.

PARAGON
04-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I just got mine back and it had the 15K service. $125 which included about $90 to replace my fuel filter.

I think my fuel filter was clogged from an overfill that happened a while back. Before I had to feather the throttle at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and now that is gone.

JamesT
04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Khil,

Thanks for the good advise.

Kames

JamesT
04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Sorry Koyce...errrr Joyce...coulnt resist.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif