PDA

View Full Version : 10.4 mpg update

Kevin W
10-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey There everyone,

I had posted a few weeks back about getting a consistant 10.4 mpg with a toally stock truck using regular gas and a mix of highway and city driving.
It has been 10 days since installing a cat back flowmaster exhaust and under the same daily driving conditions I am seeing a 10.8 on my computer. Not too bad, and I also feel a nice performance difference as well as a great sound.
Next is the install of the Diablo programmer right now, and a test drive.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

Kevin W
10-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey There everyone,

I had posted a few weeks back about getting a consistant 10.4 mpg with a toally stock truck using regular gas and a mix of highway and city driving.
It has been 10 days since installing a cat back flowmaster exhaust and under the same daily driving conditions I am seeing a 10.8 on my computer. Not too bad, and I also feel a nice performance difference as well as a great sound.
Next is the install of the Diablo programmer right now, and a test drive.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

DVJ
10-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Kevin,

Thanks for the update.

Currently at 12.5 mpg on the computer through a mix of highway and city driving. At 3k miles - all stock. Keep those tires inflated. ;-) Off the dealership lot, mine were at 30 lbs per tire. Now running 40 lbs.

DVJ

KenP
10-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Kevin, I was @ 11.5 with appx 80% cty miles. Since my mods I am at 11.3.
I will admit that I need to check the tire pressure... It is low, I am sure. Probably 32 psi.

Black Lingenfelter Lux

2slo4now
10-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Just got off a long hwy trip

here are the numbers with cruise set for a minimum of 25 miles each leg.

11.4mpg at 65 mph
9.8 mpg at 70 mph
8.7 mpg at 75 mph
6.9 mpg at 80 mph

These are all 1 mpg +/- .1 better than they were prior to installing a extreme flow muffler.

4 inch lift
37 13.5 inch baja claw radials 35psi
Magna Supercharger
10 KC light bar
Airaid air filter
Extreme flow muffler
Factory 4.10 gears
2 adults and 2 kids. 200 lbs of gear.