PDA

View Full Version : Light Bar & DVD Questions

Tucson Beast
02-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi Forum - I have two questions about H2 customizing:

1. I want to order the light bar for the top of the H2 - I already have the grille mount lights. The dealer told me that I can only operate two of the four top lights if I have the two grille lights. Is this true and if so why?

2. What is the average cost to install a DVD player with two monitors (located in head rest of fronts seats - I have a sunroof--is there any other location with sunroof).

Thanks

Tucson Beast

Tucson Beast
02-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi Forum - I have two questions about H2 customizing:

1. I want to order the light bar for the top of the H2 - I already have the grille mount lights. The dealer told me that I can only operate two of the four top lights if I have the two grille lights. Is this true and if so why?

2. What is the average cost to install a DVD player with two monitors (located in head rest of fronts seats - I have a sunroof--is there any other location with sunroof).

Thanks

Tucson Beast

Tucson Beast
02-18-2003, 03:37 PM
PhilD - Thanks for the info - will await your update on the lights

vlad
02-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Hello, The Hummer is available with 6 off road lights. 4 on the roof and 2 on the brushguard. More than enough light. This setup looks and works great, but too tall for a automatic carwash.

HummerH2
02-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Why don't you just mount another battery somewhere and run the roof lights to that battery?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/usflags/ny.gif New York Rules

Tucson Beast
02-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Hi PhilD & HummerH2

The discussion on the lights has been great - I have ordered the roof lights (as stated - I have the grille lights already) I want to tell the Dealer to wire so that I can used both. It sounds like the dealer (according to your discussion) will not bypass GM standards. How difficult is it for me to wire the grille light to the headlamps high beam? Secondly, if the dealer wires according to standards - if I turn on both roof and grille at the same time (two switches) will the two grille and only two (of four) roof lamps be active? Lastly, is there a relay that is not in use that the roof lamps can use? Finally, what is the MidBec - and how can I talk to the dealer about finding a solution regarding the MidBec?

Thanks

Tucson Beast
02-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks PhilD - BTW I love the Whataburger on Shoreline in Corpus.

buffalojoe
02-23-2003, 11:06 PM
had a audiovox tv/dvd player installed sits just behind the sunroof also put a 7in. monitor next to the radio which is also connected to a back up camera makes for a nice clean installation

SoCalHummer
02-24-2003, 01:49 AM
I had the dealer install the switch that came with the light bar lights directly across from the one for the front brush guard light switch and I have run the HID headlights with High beam Halogen on and all 6 lights on at the same time with no problem. I used them recently in the California desert for over 3 hours with the enging running of course and no problem with the amp guage dropping below 14 volts.

Hope this helps