PDA

View Full Version : What do you think, Did I do OK at the Dealer?

H3 Buyer to be?
05-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Ok, here is what I did. I traded my 2003 AMG C32 Mercedes, which I have been trying to sell for some time now with no luck - the car had little or no equity in it). I ordered a Boulder Metallic Luxury package with XM and Sunroof and stereo upgrade (which I think was part of the Luxury Pack anyway). My total price out the door was $38K including all the crap the dealers add on like tax (7.75%), plates (in AZ - Rediculous amount over $650), Doc Fees, shipping charge yada yada yada.

HOW DID I DOOOOOOO????

H3 Buyer to be?
05-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Ok, here is what I did. I traded my 2003 AMG C32 Mercedes, which I have been trying to sell for some time now with no luck - the car had little or no equity in it). I ordered a Boulder Metallic Luxury package with XM and Sunroof and stereo upgrade (which I think was part of the Luxury Pack anyway). My total price out the door was $38K including all the crap the dealers add on like tax (7.75%), plates (in AZ - Rediculous amount over $650), Doc Fees, shipping charge yada yada yada.

HOW DID I DOOOOOOO????

wannabeH3
05-24-2005, 03:03 AM
hmm interesting, i want that package as well as the adventure package.... and all the offroad crap and towing crap and brush guard and sunroof and overhead lights... and was hoping to pay that much :P but im not sure yet i think ill end up waiting till august..

usetosellhummer
05-24-2005, 09:14 PM
sounds like some neg. comming over from the trade?

H3 Buyer to be?
05-25-2005, 02:18 AM
They gave me what I owe on it, but with all their crap fees and tax and plates it got all jacked up... It is funny you get the price from Hummer.com and it is no where near what the dealer wants. I was just thinking that sounds crappy doesn't it?

HummerNewbie
05-25-2005, 09:26 AM
What fees did they charge you? Were they just the standard tax, tags, etc... or were they adding dealer crap you didn't want just to get the price up above MSRP?

H3 Buyer to be?
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I am sure they added money to the bill period. But, on the other hand let's say I get the Lux and Sunroof the sticker per Hummer would be $35,050 after tax and plates you would be $38,278.

So I am not sure how I am getting F'd here, but I am sure I am!

usetosellhummer
05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Ok I'm just not used to high taxes or fees. go for it but when you in finance with the contract look for these things...
1. security etch 2. dealer protection/ paint scotchguard 3. gap 4. accessories.
They have to disclose it on the contract. if all looks good then go for it.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Thank you, I will be sure to check.

lexpro
05-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Dont forget the Croak and Choke package! (credit life and disability insurance added to your loan)

baby_hummer
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
That price seems pretty reasonable to me. I ordered the black LUX with tubular assist steps, and the total price including tax came to $37K. Take off the assist steps and add in a sunroof, and you're at the $38K mark.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Let me ask you something. I work for a company that has the Supplier GM rates and I have an ID number and everything. Anyone know if any dealers in the Southwest will accept this discount? I would be willing to spend the discount offered in dealer adds to the H3...

What do you think ? Sewell maybe?

Dennis
05-26-2005, 03:16 AM
You folks are making me feel really great. My dealer is honoring the GM Supplier discount and my White H3 Lux with Automatic trans, Sunroof, Brushguard, Tow package, Roof Crossbars, Black assist steps is costing me $34,200 before tax. That includes their $400 doc. fee. They hesitated on the Supp. Discount for a while but I bought an H2 from 'em two years ago so they finally agreed. They've offered me $33,000 on my H2 which is probably a bit low but the $34K H3 deal is independent of whether I trade my H2 or not. I'm liking these guys more and more!

KenP
05-26-2005, 03:17 AM
If you're happy, then you did well.

Most dealers are going to be tight on the Supplier Discount. Don't count on getting it unless you know someone.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Kenp... Like who would I have to know? A sales person, or owner or what?

Is there someone out there that knows of a dealer in TX, NM, AZ, CA, or CO for that matter that will honor this discount now? All I have called say 6 months...

KenP
05-26-2005, 03:32 AM
From reading the other posts, it sounds like Lund will treat you right if you want to make the trip.

As far as knowing someone, by that I mean these trucks are going to go fast. There is no incentive for the dealership to accept that discount. They are going to blow these trucks out with no problem. In other words, they don't need that discount business because it may cost them a full boat sale.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-26-2005, 04:12 AM
Lund is where I have the deposit on mine, but they will not yet accept the discount. I can't even get them to tell me the price of the friggin thing. They insist on telling me the amount I will have to finance and the reason it is so high is due to "freight, storage charges (I told them they dont have to store it, I will pick it up the same day) and dealer "FEES". It is really frustrating, because they are adding in toooo much crap. Just so you guys all know the fees in Dallas at Sewell are a hundred bucks per the sales person I spoke with...

I have two people looking at my car tomorrow, you never know if they do the deal I might just go to Sewell and piss everyone here in AZ off...

H3 Buyer to be?
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I just got off the phone with a guy from KY, and his grandfather owns the Hummer dealership in his small town of 15K people. He is checking, and thinks they will honor my GM supplier discount for me, and possibly work a deal to take my car on trade! That would be unreal, and work VERY nicely!

DeLeon
05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
That's awesome "H3 Buyer to be?", can you get two and send one to me? :-D

H3 Buyer to be?
05-28-2005, 03:31 AM
So, here is the best, and latest deal, I am doing this one instead (will get it sooner, and it has way more stuff for $1K less).

This deal is as weird as could possibly be, but I will try to explain... I called Erin at Sewell and she seams so sweet and would do the deal for no increase to the price except for a $100 Doc fee (which is totally fine by me). I met a guy from Kentucky that is interested and agreed to buy my AMG C32 for $33,500 and would do so from Sewell so I can show the AMG as a $33,500 trade to Sewell and save roughly $2600 is taxes on the H3.

So, I am keeping my car for a week or so and I am buying the H3 from Sewell. The guy from KY is going to fly to Dallas pick up my H3 and give Sewell the Cashier's check for my car $33500 then drive the H3 to me here in Scottsdale, pick up his AMG and drive then back to KY. Is that difficult enough to make a deal?

Botom line, I get way more features - Ch Steps, Chrome Pack, Lux, Roof, Chrome wheels, XM and Tow pack for a grand less than the deal at Lund.

I am happy now.

firm
05-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Once he gets in that H3, he is going to turn around and head for the commonwealth. (that's KY)

H34me?
05-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Dennis or anyone who knows What is the supplier discount? Is that the same as the GMS employee discount? Dennis, my quote for an automatic, Lux series (and all the stuff that comes with it like the 6 disc CD changer), sunroof, black tube steps, luggage rack was $32,034. I thought GMS discounts were factory set? Does your H3 have more equipment on it than you mentioned? Like the chrmoe package perhaps?

H3 Buyer to be?
05-30-2005, 03:47 AM
I can't get anyone to even talk to me about GMS discounts. They said wait 6 months, I told them forget it...

Dennis
05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H34me?:
Dennis or anyone who knows What is the supplier discount? Is that the same as the GMS employee discount? Dennis, my quote for an automatic, Lux series (and all the stuff that comes with it like the 6 disc CD changer), sunroof, black tube steps, luggage rack was $32,034. I thought GMS discounts were factory set? Does your H3 have more equipment on it than you mentioned? Like the chrmoe package perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Supplier Discount is one of several offered and is not as agressive as the employee discount. It is a factory set number from what I've read. The dealer showed me the invoice with MSRP and the supplier discount. My MSRP was $37,009 or just about.
My add-ons seem to be similar to what you ordered except that I added the towing package, brush guard and have the flat black steps instead of the tubular. The $34,200 I mentioned includes the dealer's ridiculous $399 doc fee. so the base Supp. discount price is $33,800.
Still lots better than MSRP!

H3 Builder
05-30-2005, 01:15 PM
You might try this dealer:
Orr HUMMER
8750 Business Park Drive
Shreveport, Louisiana 71105
318-798-7250
318-798-5571
http://www.orrhummer.com
tbcarman@earthlink.com

This is the Hummer dealer that most of the employee purchases will probably be made. The first one was sold here and he got his GMS discount.