PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: JASON

Adam in CO
03-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Jason,

Please change the name of this category to FOUR WHEELING instead of off-roading. Off-roading gives off a very negative connotation that we are making new roads, trails, etc. that did not exist before, simply because we can. This terminology has become an issue with Four Wheeler Magazine, Tread Lightly, The Sierra Club, etc. I want for the H2 group to be known as people who are aware of what they do, and what we affect. If you disagree, please let me know.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

Adam in CO
03-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Jason,

Please change the name of this category to FOUR WHEELING instead of off-roading. Off-roading gives off a very negative connotation that we are making new roads, trails, etc. that did not exist before, simply because we can. This terminology has become an issue with Four Wheeler Magazine, Tread Lightly, The Sierra Club, etc. I want for the H2 group to be known as people who are aware of what they do, and what we affect. If you disagree, please let me know.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

Zing
03-11-2003, 12:28 AM
I say keep the name as is. The same people will complain no matter what you call it and I wouldn't change a name for their sake. The reality is we are all intelligent people who are thoughtful and aware of what we do, and I think off-roading is a term that better fits the activity.

Adam in CO
03-11-2003, 12:43 PM
You do make a strong case for leaving it the way it is. To be honest, I work with a fairly tough environmental type, who has given me grief about the fact that we go to the same places from time to time. She goes on CC skis, snowshoes, hiking boots, etc. and I go in my HUMMER. I have tried to convince her that not all 4 wheelers are the types to go and tear up the earth, but no luck. I just want to help get those types off our backs!

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

Zing
03-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Adam, I sense that underneath it all there is lots of sexual tension going on here and I think she is tired of her boyfriend who spends his time putting bumper stickers on SUVs and is turned on by the fact that you drive a Hummer. I think you should ask her to come out with you so you could teach her what "off-roading" is all about. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Adam in CO
03-12-2003, 12:31 PM
It's possible, but I don't think so. She's um.... how do I put this.... a switch hitter. It may be her girlfriend putting stickers on SUV's I suppose.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

Zing
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
And don't forget to tell her your favorite hobby is hunting. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Adam in CO
03-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Whoa. You guys are weird. I did laugh myself silly, though. I would love to find a way to have some stickers like that.

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com

Detonate
03-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Tell her you can't possible carry all the wood from the trees you cut down on your back. And that is why you need the offroad vehicle.

-Jim

Jason
03-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Sorry, I have been a little busy with my "day job." Saw this post but did not take the time to reply.

It appears that all are ok with the "off-roading" title.

Hope you all have fun on your next outing, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Jason

Adam in CO
03-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Thanks, Jason. I guess we don't need your help. This turned into a pretty odd thread, though, didn't it?

CO H2 Club Rocks!
aps101374@yahoo.com