PDA

View Full Version : U-Steps

Bill Kervaski
11-05-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm considering replacing my Tubular Assist Steps with the U-Steps. Anyone with U-Steps have any comments?

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
11-05-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm considering replacing my Tubular Assist Steps with the U-Steps. Anyone with U-Steps have any comments?

- Bill

HummerGirl
11-05-2002, 12:26 PM
I love my U steps. Except for the rear ones. They are not aligned back enough to allow your foot to naturally fall into it. When putting "junior" in the back and getting down backwards, my foot does not "find" the step too easily.

But now I have not looked below to see if they can be adjusted. I just noticed this yesterday while in some not so great pair of dress shoes...
This might be a concern for short women like myself that OCCASIONALLY wear nicer shoes than boots or sneakers.

~amy

~amy
Reality is merely a crutch for those with a broken imagination.~anon.

Bill Kervaski
11-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Cool! A chick with a hummer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

- Bill

MAC
11-05-2002, 02:38 PM
She's married with kid, let's move on.

Based on my extensive one day off-roads experience, tube steps are not for off-roads use, they wipe out several imporant inches from the bottom clearance. You got to go with removable U-Steps. Anyone know why it is called "U" step? Tube steps look better and more substantial, I'll stay with them; the only problem will be that off-roads rough-necks will know you don't go off-roads. U-Steps do not match the Hummer styling. How about those automatic retractable steps coming out. Those would be neat.

SJ
11-05-2002, 03:13 PM
I removed my brush guard and U-steps. Here are a few reasons why my u-steps are in storage:

(1) The steps make the H2 appear lower to the ground.
(2) I go off-road about two to three times per month and I didn't want to hassle with install/removal.
(3) The steps lend a "cluttered" appearance to the vehicle's profile.
(4) Getting out of the H2 was more difficult with the steps (for both myself and my wife) due to placement of foot and having to contort your body.

MAC
11-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Why removed the brush guard?

SJ
11-05-2002, 06:42 PM
MAC:

I removed the brush guard because I felt it was overkill and made for a cluttered look. I've owned 4 x 4s my entire driving-age life and most of my trail comrades don't use brush guards either. You'll see few trail-bound trucks and Jeeps with brush guards and even less desert runners with them [although they do use pre-runner bars]. I think the brush guards were carried-over from Land Rovers in the old safari and outback/brush journeys.

I do like the way you have your driving lights mounted in your Album Photo; that may be something that I copy.

My H2 came with a moon roof, which I also didn't want, but I didn't care to place a special order and wait. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by SJ on November 05, 2002 at 12:53 PM.]

DRTYFN
11-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Bill,
You really will be compromising the offroading clearance. I wonder if the bars will bend dramatically if the full or partial weight of the H2 lands upon them? I also wonder how they'll react to sliding over rocks?

MAC
11-05-2002, 08:11 PM
I did not know that, I thought for sure one needs brush guard to protect the front from brush, trees, rocks, lions and tigers and sorts. Sounds like a look issue for you. I'll keep my eyes open for brush guards on 4x4s in the coming days. Thanks.

Bill Kervaski
11-05-2002, 08:16 PM
I currently have the Tubular Side Steps for which I was replacing with U-Steps.

Are you saying that the U-Steps are lower than the Tubular Side Steps?

- Bill

HummerGirl
11-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Mac wrote:"She's married with kid, let's move on."

What's up with that comment???

or is this a "man-forum" only...????

~amy

MAC
11-06-2002, 12:52 AM
MAC is married with kids, and love to see his wife driving Hummer without him, never seen a woman wash car, may have fantasied it but will not admit. Mac's wife sometimes pretends she's coming to help just when it is done. More girls everywhere the better. Mac's country club started accepting women after 10 years of lawsuits and lost, the sky did not fall. Mac likes women, honestly and truely.

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 02:14 AM
Cool MAC...

Just wanted to be sure you weren't starting the forum off on the wrong foot as far as women goes...

I was just a little taken back by your tone and that my being here was "distracting" to the admirer of a female H2er and the general topic on hand.

~amy

~amy

http://www.CelestialBath.com

MAC
11-06-2002, 02:16 AM
You are the main attraction.

MAC
11-06-2002, 02:28 AM
Ooops. I said it with all the solid gold good intention and sincerity, but after I turned it off and walked away, I thought, maybe Amy'll get it wrong again, I rush back to explain it again. Enough said, I am a nice guy, my wife is my supreme commander.

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 02:37 AM
MAC we are COOL man...

no need to apologize. I just read the post before my last dose of Bi-polar meds...

all is well and I know what it is like to be the supreme commander of the house...hee hee....

~amy

~amy

JCJ
11-06-2002, 10:31 AM
MAC:
May see how you mounted your lights (as SJ mentions)?
The pics have not been transferred from the "old" album to this new forum's photo page.
Thanks. JCJ

h2fan
11-06-2002, 12:05 PM
can we see pics of hummergirl washing here h2 just so i know how to do mine of course /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 03:23 PM
sorry guys but the daisy-duke car wash is closed until spring...a little chilly for a hand wash this week!!!

~amy

~amy

Texas Red
11-06-2002, 03:37 PM
ROTFL

Daisey Duke. Hahahaha! She knew exactly what came to all our male minds when we read that post. You go girl!

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

SJ
11-06-2002, 04:51 PM
JCJ:

You can still see the member photos by clicking on "H2 Album" atop the main page.

Beck
11-06-2002, 05:34 PM
I don't need to see pictures of Southern girl washing Hummer in wet T shirt with water running down her arm and body, I know how to wash my Hummer.

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Chill out Beck...

Why don't you put on your shorts fer us surthern gurls so that we knows how to warsh the H2 correctly? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

~the aimster

~amy

Beck
11-06-2002, 06:18 PM
Washing Hummer requires cool professionalism and full attention to the job at hand, which is not possible at the mere thought of any girl in wet T shirt, chilling out is out of the question. Pics of hairy man washing Hummer will certainly help in chilling out and to concentrate on the job.

h2fan
11-06-2002, 06:46 PM
HEY SPRING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 07:08 PM
oh so being a girlie-girl I am not professional at washing an H2. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Well it's funny but I am the car wash freak in this house and NO ONE...is allowed to wash the cars other than yours truly. It's an all day event.

The shop vac is wheeled out, excellent music is fed to the vehicles, Hmm...Metalica, ACDC, or Linkin Park works best for me. My brush kit (which is in a suitcase and resembles something 007 would whip out) and my $25.00 fully adjustable brass nozzle is secured to the hose.

I learned to detail boosted vehicles as a kid in the hood. Naw, just kiddin'...my cousin owned a body shop and I learned the steps pretty quick when detailing some pretty high $$ cars.

So I think I got professionalism down to a "T"...with out getting my T-shirt all wet.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

\\// out

~amy

H2Girl
11-06-2002, 07:46 PM
You tell them HummerGirl! I've always thought of us women as more detailed, even at something as trivial as washing our H2's

hummerbot
11-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Texas Red: Do you really have a mustash like that picture??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I didn't get red like yours because of the firetruck problem while carring ladders /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fellow N. Texas H20,
Hummerbot

HummerGirl
11-06-2002, 11:00 PM
hoooo-lord...

Hummergirl got back up...

here comes H2Girl!!!

~amy

~amy

MAC
11-06-2002, 11:24 PM
I must have missed something, what Southern girl in wet T shirt? Washing U-steps? I can't find the pictures. Is it a tape or just pictures? On eBay or this site? I came home and saw all these talks about girls in wet T washing Hummer. Not that I am interested in the girl or wet T shirt, but just for the technical aspects of how to wash Hummer.

Beck, you watch out for that Hummergirl. Resistance is futile, she had me running for cover. It was like running into Hilary Clinton in a dark alley, enough to make a grown man cry.
Amy, don't get it wrong, I am totally on your side, you can count on me, whatever you say is right, down with Beck!

HummerGirl
11-07-2002, 02:24 AM
Hee hee, Mac, you are great!

Oh come on...just bored to death here at the house. Ran all the errands today and NO where to go in the H2. Damn.

Would go off-road but it's really nasty out this way.

Hee hee, Mac, you are great!

Sorry but I guess I am used to the forum communities and have gotten used the back and forth motions. Picked up bad habits around other women online. And sometimes it IS very hard to pick up on the tone and meaning in postings, so things get led askew.

But seriously, I am here to learn lots about my H2 and crash here with the other cool folks in the world who drive H2s. No one but us, gets us! Am I right????

All in good fun and I have enjoyed the volley-match about washing the H2!!!

Pressing on.

~amy