PDA

View Full Version : H.O.P.E. Update (Hurricane Relief)

YourAdventure
09-23-2005, 07:15 PM
H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com

YourAdventure
09-23-2005, 07:15 PM
H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.

I explained to him that many of the folks involved or wanting to get involved feel a little out of place because there has been no direction and they are not sure if they are fully certified volunteers because of the lack of communication.

Even though we have gotten some updates on this forum it has been indirectly through other folks. I asked if Mike could officially put something on here since he is the main person in charge of this deal. He plans to do that in the near future but for not is focused on support for this Rita relief.

Either way if you are interested, even though you may not have all your certifications, please contact Mike Morris at 574-340-8408 to help get you squared away and get your prepared to help on any relief being set up.

As for the future, we are meeting again next week to discuss official support on doing certification classes moving forward. I will be helping lead up many of the certifications classes for Texas, what they call, "HOPE in a box". This will possibly take place at our Adventure Park, by the Texas Motor Speedway, we have here in the North Texas area initially. As we grow the program there will be other courses throughout the state that will be set up for this purpose.

Stay posted, hopefully the frustrations will be lessoned and we can get on to doing some good stuff for our friends, family, and the community.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com

ROX
09-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks. The information couldn't be more timely.

What did you mean when you said, "He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita."
Could you please elaborate?

YourAdventure
09-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't think he was aware that there had been such a major miscommunication with folks on finishing out their requirements to fulfill becoming a HOPE volunteer. After I spoke with him the second time he explained that there was a short course you could take online along with just the basic CPR/First Aid if you weren't up to date on that.

That is why he suggested just contacting him directly if you had the ability to become a volunteer and he would get you squared away.

Hope that helps.

DennisAJC
09-23-2005, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
H.O.P.E. (Hummer Owners Prepared or Emergencies) This has been an interesting ordeal but the National Club is trying to make some progress on this deal. I have received (2) phone calls from Mike Morris over the last couple of days. He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced to intermediate H1, H2, H3 owners that would be ready to deploy for support on Hurricane Rita.

http://www.yourhummeradventure.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I'd fix it for you.

DRTYFN
09-23-2005, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YourAdventure:
He originally called expressing that he needed a list of HOPE volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's that would be ready to deply for support on Hurricane Rita.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is this another snobby H1 owner jab or are you just making sure that the experienced H2 & H3 owners don't show up so there won't be any chance of the H2 & H3 owners showing up the thin-skinned elitist H1 owners? Just trying to clarify things.

Fever
09-23-2005, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
"volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's"

I assume YourAdventure is an H1 owner?

They just can't help themselves.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually former H2 owner and current H3 owner.

Lack of communication is correct. I spoke with a representative from the St Joe chapter and confirmed that I have passed all the requirements for the program and my name was on the list of volunteers. I spoke with Scott Freeman about deployment to the area devestated by Katrina. Scott informed me that I needed to obtain a DSHR (Disaster Services Human Resource) number. My local Red Cross rep said to get this number I must have additional training i.e. Mass Care etc. Now I don't know if I'm qualified or not. I am available the last two weeks of October and possibly sooner now that Rita has shown up. I know these guys are extremely busy with thier efforts and deeply appreciate them. This has been an extremely overwhelming string of events and I know we will all pull through it

DennisAJC
09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Kudos to you Fever.

You don't have to belong to "POSER" organizations who parade their Hummers around just for the primary sake of posing their Hummers.

You can do the bonafide goodwill gesture with good folks in Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc. more effectively than driving around in "WANNABE" military fashion.

We've all seen what "Requirements" get you in times of disaster.

People in need don't care of your "Qualifications" or to ooooh and ahhhh at a line of Hummers...

.....Just your help.

DRTYFN
09-24-2005, 12:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Kudos to you Fever.

You don't have to belong to "POSER" organizations who parade their Hummers around just for the primary sake of posing their Hummers.

You can do the bonafide goodwill gesture with good folks in Jeeps, Explorers, Vans, Cars, etc. more effectively than driving around in "WANNABE" military fashion.

We've all seen what "Requirements" get you in times of disaster.

People in need don't care of your "Qualifications" or to ooooh and ahhhh at a line of Hummers...

.....Just your help.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO SH!T!!!!!
What's this crap about having to jump through some asswipe's hoops in order to render aid to those in need?!!!!
Sam, and all of your idiot cronies, go f(_)ck yourselves!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gifhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

DRTYFN
09-24-2005, 12:52 AM
So, after looking at this POS website:
http://www.youradventureinc.com/
I've come to the conclusion that this guy is a scheming douche. Lots of nothing.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

KenP
09-24-2005, 02:38 AM
F(U)cking tool. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DennisAJC
09-24-2005, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
F(U)cking tool. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2

KenP
09-24-2005, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
F(U)cking tool. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess that takes care of this one. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

YourAdventure
09-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Interesting how people just jump on the band wagon of crap talk. I am not an H1 owner and where this so called crap of H1 elitest talk got off track is beyond me. The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. The term intermediate was used for folks that have safe experience in not only offroading but safe recovery and first aid/CPR training, but have not been exposed to support on a national disaster or anything similar.

Jason, this is sad that you let idiots like this on your forum. I have seen these sad mistakes for Hummer owners bashing other threads of people that are trying to promote the Hummer Community. I am all for your site making a buck to promote Hummer accessories and giving folks an outlet to talk about their trucks, experiences etc. BUT...to allow low life people that all they want to do is talk trash about something they have no knowledge of is ridiculous.

Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. Heck, for all we know you guys are some lil teenage punks who have nothing else better to do than pretend you are Hummer owners talking trash on a forum that should ban your asses because it is giving the organization a bad name.

Jason, I wish you well but if this is how folks are to be treated and allowed to be treated on your forum than I for one will not support it.

DRTYFN
09-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Interesting how people just jump on the band wagon of crap talk. I am not an H1 owner and where this so called crap of H1 elitest talk got off track is beyond me. The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the f(_)ck do you know? Not a damn thing. I know of a couple of H2 owners that are qualified to be in your faggy little daisy chain club.

Sam, your ignorance is glaringly evident from your reply.
As for crying to Pappa J- nice try. If he knew what a scheming conniving turd you are he'd probably hold the door for you.

ps. Next time you might want to weigh your words more carefully. I know you won't, though.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DRTYFN
09-24-2005, 04:27 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I went back and took another look at your initial post. Shame on you from the shameless underhanded plug. What a douche.
What's with the word "possibly"? Are you or aren't you going to hold it there? No, you're not, because you're basically just trying to work some kind of angle and run some scam(again).

Why not just encourage people to seek out and gain certification wherever they can find it instead of trying to lure them in with your vagaries and bullsh!t? Oh, wait.. what's that? There's no money in it for you? That's what I thought. Scumbag.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

DRTYFN
09-24-2005, 04:30 AM
Oh, and just in case you're going to make some turdly comment about how it took me 19 minutes to come up with that last one- it didn't. I made a super nasty grumpy and took a shower, soaping my balls thoroughly(because I know you were wondering).

PARAGON
09-24-2005, 09:08 AM
The statement was and is correct. There are no H2 and H3 owners currently that have experience in dealing with disaster relief activity. The reason I know this is because prior to Hurricane Katrina we have not had a national disaster to where H2's and H3's could be of assistance. The term intermediate was used for folks that have safe experience in not only offroading but safe recovery and first aid/CPR training, but have not been exposed to support on a national disaster or anything similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I suppose those who own H2/H3s just happened to have been born the day they bought their Hummers. There is no way that they could have had the experience prior to Hummer ownership.

It's a stupid assumption. I am a HOPE volunteer, an H2 owner, and have as much disaster experience as probably any H1 owner, but this is indicative of some of the crap that some spout who themselves have no experience. Take your BS somewhere else.

PARAGON
09-24-2005, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
"volunteers from experienced H1 owners to intermediate folks with H2's and H3's"

I assume YourAdventure is an H1 owner?

They just can't help themselves.

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually former H2 owner and current H3 owner.

Lack of communication is correct. I spoke with a representative from the St Joe chapter and confirmed that I have passed all the requirements for the program and my name was on the list of volunteers. I spoke with Scott Freeman about deployment to the area devestated by Katrina. Scott informed me that I needed to obtain a DSHR (Disaster Services Human Resource) number. My local Red Cross rep said to get this number I must have additional training i.e. Mass Care etc. Now I don't know if I'm qualified or not. I am available the last two weeks of October and possibly sooner now that Rita has shown up. I know these guys are extremely busy with thier efforts and deeply appreciate them. This has been an extremely overwhelming string of events and I know we will all pull through it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tracey, let us know if you guys need anything. Sounds like Rita is going to park overhead and try to flood you guys out.

Fever
09-24-2005, 11:08 AM
[/QUOTE]Tracey, let us know if you guys need anything. Sounds like Rita is going to park overhead and try to flood you guys out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paragon looks like things have really died down...as far as the wind goes. We'll wait and see how much rain we get now. We have been bone dry for over two months and it's just a steady rain where I am so things are looking o.k. here. Take care.

RIC-H0
09-25-2005, 01:50 AM
I may not be H.O.P.E. certfied, but I am CPR/1st Aid certified, Hazmat Certified, Trained to respond to the use of weapons of mass destruction, a heavy equipment operator, SCBA certified, RCRA trained.
Not sure what kind of training I would need to get involved in helping the folks affected, but my job is willing to send me whereever I can be of any use, as long as it is with a reputable charity.ie Redcross, Salvation Army etc...

They are will to pay for my lodging, travel expenses, and food...So I am ready to go!!!
If anyone has information that would get me moving in the right direction, please feel free to give me a call!!!

Ric Gonzalez
210-381-9020

RIC-H0
09-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Ric, you're qualified but you are an intermediate folk with an H2 so you can't help with HOPE.

If you had an H1 you would be in like flint though.

I'm not qualified in anything, I do own a chain saw and can winch trees, however I am totally underqualified to help.

Sorry that was bad of me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell...
As long as I don't have to get my H2 dirty, and have a shopping mall to park it in!.
I think I should be able to help! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ric

MovinH2
09-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Wonder what kind of training the Angel in the Hummer had. Gee's come on now. It's all about helping in a time of need. I'm sure the people in NO would of told you any little bit helped. I don't think they cared if they got their water for a big purple giraffe on wheels as long as they got it. It's like high school can I be part of your clique.

KenP
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM

Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We were disrespecting you, not a HUMMER owner. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

PARAGON
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So, you count yourself as a coward then?

DRTYFN
09-25-2005, 03:08 PM
He's definitely a conniving turd.

DennisAJC
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Alec W, Dennis AJC, Ken P, DRTYFN, as far as I am concerned if you think you are experienced Hummer owners you have a lot to learn. To disrespect another Hummer owner of any model is a sign of a coward in my book especially in this time of support and relief need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So, you count yourself as a coward then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pathetic,

I can see it now, Sam leading a bunch of wannabes not knowing what to do but just parade around like attention whores. Probably bypassing hordes of people because they're inexperience in deal with big crowds rubbing against their virgin Hummers or just too cowardly to get out and get their hands dirty.

Find a deserted place where they can get out and take pictures of themselves with furrowed brows looking heroic, have some bottled water, bree and crackers, get back in and start parading around some more.

Will he be passing out gift certificates of 20% off specials at Youradventure? Ya sure. He'll be tossin them out his window in hopes of cashing in on the disaster.

Get out of Dodge, back to the mall parking lot, pat each other in the back of job well done. Go home in time for Desperate Housewives and spritzers.

You don't need requirements, qualifications, certificates, shiit attitude towards others, and a virginal H1 to do a good deed.