PDA

View Full Version : CD DISC IS STUCK!!!

Hummerstein
01-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Hello Folks,
On a cross country trip only to find my 6 disc changer is locked up w/ cds unable to eject. HUMMER dealer in Boise ID says this a common problem and that many are having to be changed out in several GM products. The dealer will have to keep my H2 for 2 days to get the number off the head, order a new one and then send the old one to remove my CDs w/ a three week turnaround. Dealer says no easy fix and I'm 750 miles into a 4000 mile trip w/o tunes!!! Just thought I'd warn folks that the problem only occurred when I put that final disc in the changer.
Ciao,
Jim

Jim
03' Pewter, LUX H-2
00' K3500 Crew Cab
69' Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
71' 427 FJ-40 Land Cruiser
02' Nissan Maxima SE

Hummerstein
01-15-2003, 05:46 AM
Hello Folks,
On a cross country trip only to find my 6 disc changer is locked up w/ cds unable to eject. HUMMER dealer in Boise ID says this a common problem and that many are having to be changed out in several GM products. The dealer will have to keep my H2 for 2 days to get the number off the head, order a new one and then send the old one to remove my CDs w/ a three week turnaround. Dealer says no easy fix and I'm 750 miles into a 4000 mile trip w/o tunes!!! Just thought I'd warn folks that the problem only occurred when I put that final disc in the changer.
Ciao,
Jim

Jim
03' Pewter, LUX H-2
00' K3500 Crew Cab
02' Nissan Maxima SE

Hummer Man
01-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Here is the fix in most cases !

With the ignition off all the way press and hold the CD out/eject/remove button. Remeber hold it down through this entire process.

Cycle the key on and off in 5 to 8 second intervals. This may start the eject process of the first CD in series.

Option 2 if above fails. - Pull fuse for stereo and cycle engine all the way on and off 5 or 6 times leave on each time for one minute each time. Then replace fuse and repeat. If then reinstall fuse and repeat first step above.

Hummerstein
01-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks Hummer Man,
I gave both suggestions several attempts to no avail. Going into dealer for a swap out on Tuesday.

Jim
03' Pewter, LUX H-2
00' K3500 Crew Cab
02' Nissan Maxima SE