PDA

View Full Version : HELP! No Sound

H2Girl
12-06-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm having a problem with no sound from the Radio and was wondering if anyone had the same problems. We just got done installing a TV set up in our H2 and after removing the radio to install the FM modulator, I have no sound. Radio turns on and CD's work. Can't even hear the evil OnStar Lady. Does anyone know whats wrong???

H2Girl
12-06-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm having a problem with no sound from the Radio and was wondering if anyone had the same problems. We just got done installing a TV set up in our H2 and after removing the radio to install the FM modulator, I have no sound. Radio turns on and CD's work. Can't even hear the evil OnStar Lady. Does anyone know whats wrong???

Klaus
12-06-2002, 01:35 AM
You might want to look at the tech bulletins I posted a few days ago.

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=7136014471

There is a warning to be sure to remove a 30 amp fuse, or it can damage the amp when reconnecting.

Klaus

H2Girl
12-06-2002, 02:32 AM
H2 4x4, Wow! Thanks for all the info. I sure wish I had seen it earlier.You would think they would have it posted somewhere so that audio shops would know better. Now to pay the service department a visit. Atleast they can work on some other minor problems I'm also having. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

JCJ
12-06-2002, 10:43 AM
H2 Girl,
Please permit me to ask you what the "other minor problems" are? Just 2 be prepared.
I have this temporarily no-audio problem as well. I (+/-) demanded the dealer (Scottsdale Hummer, Arizona) to send the replacement Bose amp to me as is stated in the Tech bulletins posted by H2 4x4. Aren't we all totally greatfull 4 that?
It was a risk I took when I had to have the Hummer here in Aruba!
But still 100% completely worth it.
I did't have other minor or major problem so far, except no functioning remote key fob #1.
But then I did install a nice dark burlwood dash wood trim to knock on every day. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
JCJ

Klaus
12-06-2002, 11:01 AM
I don't know the condition of your remote, but try this. Walk up to your H2 with the bad remote, and press and hold the lock and unlock butons at the same time for about 30 seconds.

If that doesn't work, I can post the procedure to tell your truck how to "authorize" remotes.

Klaus

JCJ
12-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks Klaus 4 the post reply.
Ran out of the office and pressed unlock-lock buttons (non-functioning key fob GM P/N 15186200; the other one has GM P/N 15186201) simultaneously for at least 30 secs standing next to the Hummer. But no success. What now?
JCJ

H2Girl
12-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Hi JCJ! Is it nice and warm in Aruba? I'm freezing here in NY. All this snow and I didn't even have a chance to go and play in it with my H2. I've only had a couple of minor problems with my H2. I get a rattling noise from the roof above the windshield at speeds greater than 60, windsheild wipers don't work AGAIN! Clip that holds sunvisor broke and now it seems my Bose amp it out of commission (my fault but please don't tell, how was I suppose to know you have to remove the fuse when removing the head unit. Other than that I have 15K of fun and worry free driving.

JCJ
12-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Hello H2Girl,
So it's cold in NY!
Yup, here nice warm weather with today just a little shower to wash off the dust from the Hummer. Wind shield wiper still does its work...
Will be in Manhattan next week for convention (Hilton Towers). Hope to see some snow there and some H2's on the streets to wave at.
Two fingers right? And then hit the chest, like saying "H2, me too!".
Thanks for reply and I won't mention the fuse misshap. Oops, just did, sorry.
I'm afraid we all will have to have the Bose amp replaced one day or another. But I hope it will stay at that.
Bye, JCJ

TS
12-06-2002, 06:37 PM
JCJ, dont do the 2 finger chest thing in NY.. gang sign. Ofcourse in Manhattan it'll mean "I am a Ford homie".. not good, specially since you are driving a GM product!!!

H2Girl
12-07-2002, 03:13 AM
Well it seems my problems go much deeper than just no sound. I also have no front heated seats, no memory to the seats,seat belt/airbag light constantly on and a red light for the onstar.AUGH!!!!! Never again!!!!!! Dealer suggested resetting the amp by turning the key on and then off for 5 minutes. No such luck /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Texas Red
12-07-2002, 01:13 PM
H2Girl, "never again" what?? the do-it-yourself mod or buy an H2. Hehe!

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

JCJ
12-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Just back from visit to the Big Apple for convention. Saw only 1 (one) H2 just when I stepped outside Smith & Wolensky Steakhouse. Black w/ U-steps, brush guard and navigator. Couldn't speak to owner, because the valet was already sitting with BIG smile behind steering wheel! Nice to see other's H2.
Now I'll have to wait until March next year, when I'll be in Chicago again.
But the I can imagine, with all that trafic, Manhattan is no city for the Hummer, unless your name is Arnold S. maybe?