PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Aftermarket Equipment

ICEMAN
07-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi All,
I am in the process of purchasing my H2..
I've read the forums here and understand it is best to get the base model and add the accessories that I want.
How easy is it to install the equipment?
Do I need a bunch of air equipment to get the stuff installed?
Or can I do it with some handtools.
Thanks

Larry

ICEMAN
07-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi All,
I am in the process of purchasing my H2..
I've read the forums here and understand it is best to get the base model and add the accessories that I want.
How easy is it to install the equipment?
Do I need a bunch of air equipment to get the stuff installed?
Or can I do it with some handtools.
Thanks

Larry

H2 Daddy
07-16-2003, 12:27 PM
I think most people are saying don't buy a H2 with a bunch of accessories already installed. If you plan on towing anything or going off-road, buy the adventure series. If you like the chrome appearence buy the luxury series. Also, if you want a sunroof get it from the factory. I bought the adventure series with leather and third row seat options. I have had three trucks with the rear air suspension and love that option.

Get the rear tire carrier, winch, ect aftermarket. Most accessories can be installed with simple hand tools.

TouchdownTN
07-16-2003, 03:30 PM
I have to concur with H2 Daddy. I bought mine with the Adventure Pkg and all options from the Lux pkg. You can get the chrome appearance pkg with the Adventure as an option. I also wanted the Brush Guard and Tail Lamp Guards. I know the Adventure pkg includes the Brush guard but not sure about the Tail Lamp Guards. Definitely get the Sunroof from the factory if you want one. And personally I like the factory brush guards better than the aftermarket ones as far as appearance, durability of the aftermarket guards may be better (Stronger) I personally can't say.

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options and Brush Guard Lights. Go Vols!!!

BADRAP
07-16-2003, 05:25 PM
I purchased a Lux Package and then have since installed minor things, and if I had it to do all over again, I would have purchased the whole nine yards, everything... But that is up to you as aftermarket stuff is easy to install, very easy....

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
03 BMW 525i, Titanium Gray Metallic, Black Leather, Loaded...
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net