PDA

View Full Version : Black rubber trim around windows looks like crap

H3Lady
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
The black rubber around all my windows look like crap. It look dull, scratchy and uneven.

Anyone else

H3Lady
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
The black rubber around all my windows look like crap. It look dull, scratchy and uneven.

Anyone else

Wild One
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
You might be able to make these look a little nicer with some silicone weatherstrip dressing. You can buy this product from any GM parts counter, or gmpartsdirect.com.
Part No. 3634770 is pretty expensive,
Part No. 12345579 is less expensive, but if you buy from gmpartsdirect, you have to buy a six-pack.

I haven't used 3634770, but I have used 12345579 on my 1994 Camaro's weatherstrip. Just applied it, let it set a bit, then wiped off the excess.

H3Lady
08-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Thank you

It is wavy too. I am going to ask them to replace it.

mstams
08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Must be another Hummer thing.

My first '03 H2 came with wavy trim on two windows, and my current '05 SUT has the problem on one window as well.

H3OH
08-05-2005, 12:11 AM
You know, not to sound like an ass, because I am not!, but I'm starting to question why you even bought the H3, H3Lady?

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you.

PARAGON
08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
You know, not to sound like an ass, because I am not!, but I'm starting to question why you even bought the H3, H3Lady?

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. And we have the winner.

OffRoadPete
08-05-2005, 01:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by H3OH:

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you.

Hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was thinking the same http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Wild One
08-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Aren't automotive forums the most useful thing for finding ways to diagnose and fix everything from big problems to nit-picks? This is a shared ownership experience, and it's a tough-love-fest, not always just a love-fest.

We all like these cars, that's why we're here. What's wrong with trying to make the ownership experience better for someone?

If you don't want to read a complaint or a fix for it, don't click on that thread.

bparker
08-05-2005, 03:10 AM
My thoughts exactly. I am sure glad i wasnt her salseman. Can you imagine? /yikes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H3Lady
08-05-2005, 07:33 AM
We have an H2 and I consider it flawless, not one time in the shop and the fit is super..

The H3, well...I still love it, but would like to make aware of some of the problems I see. I will only help others and make the brand better. If I can notice it, so can a thousand more potential H3 buyer.

PS, I live 1 mile from a major GM plant, and yesterday while there, I had several GM employees mention the bad fit of the rubber around the windows and how bad it looked.

PS. I heard Hummer monitors this site closely anyway... they will hear it first here.

f5fstop
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bparker:
My thoughts exactly. I am sure glad i wasnt her salseman. Can you imagine? /yikes

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to go this far in my thoughts, but I have to say I do question that most of your posts have been complaints...not all, but most.
There will always be startup problems with any new vehicle, and I mean any new vehicle by any manufacturer. Hopefully, these problems will be small and can be repaired as soon as possible.
My suggestion for any problem is to take it to the dealer and let them repair it.
As you state your H2 is flawless, but is it a first year vehicle? So far, from what I have seen and read on this, here and on other forums, and from what I have seen of the vehicles themselves, this vehicle is one of the best first turn vehicles made. But yes, it might have small problems. Nothing made by man (or woman http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) is totally flawless.

H3OH
08-05-2005, 04:56 PM
H3Lady,

I think I just found a picture of your H3...

http://thumb.shutterstock.com/photos2/display_pic_with_logo/7793/7793,1116046814,3.jpg

I'm just messing with you. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HummerNewbie
08-05-2005, 04:58 PM
He may just be messing with you, but damn it was funny http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

H3Lady
08-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Went to the dealer today. he is replacing all the window trim. He said it was the worst he has seen.

OH, they have a new type of trim, better than whats on the car.

funny....I don't think it;s a lemon...it a great truck...I LOVE IT...

anyone for lemondade...

H3OH
08-05-2005, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OH, they have a new type of trim, better than whats on the car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must...

Elaborate...

More...

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

H3Lady
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
the trim is suppose to be more heat resistant.

H3OH
08-16-2005, 02:44 AM
I'll give you one thing H3Lady, after washing my H3 this weekend, the wash sponge I used left lint in the "fuzzy" part on the bottom of the window. THAT made it look like crap! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif It's a pain in the ass to clean up too. White on black....hmmm! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

H3Lady
08-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Gm is releasing new rubber trim for the windows soon

Got them on order already

HoKC
08-16-2005, 03:05 PM
How do you have them on order if they are not released yet by your own statement???? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

H3Lady
08-16-2005, 03:35 PM
My dealer has them ordered. They are available as a kit. I guess when they are released, he will get some kits

DeLeon
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Is this going to be a replacement under guarantee? or you have to pay for the kit?

H3Lady
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
If the dealer deems it necessary and if your are bubbled and not fitting OK, yes free replacement.

HummerJim
12-22-2009, 05:35 PM
From the where are they now file! H3 Lady posted many negative posts on her H3 - the window trim was my favorite. The old forum members will remember her because she was so vocal for the months when the H3 just came out and there was absolutely nothing she liked about it.
She posted several posts on the bouncy ride (what did she expect from a 4 X 4), and then the "so called" son chimed in under her name. Then............. she disappeared. Was she real or just a Hummer basher we'll never know. The only reason I bring this up is that I just saw a program about a "professional car basher" who said he was paid to post negatvies about new models on Internet car forums. hmmmmmmmm
Obviously, those with the problems speak the loudest, but if they don't have a picture of their rig on the forum, I become very suspicious!

HummerMann
12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I noticed she said in one post she had an H2, but in my search of her posts, she never posted anything about the H2. For a few years I was one of the moderators of an online Corvette forum. When the new Corvette C6 model came out, four brand new members posted over 100 complaints about quality and things that had broken. When a Corvette plant manager on the forum PMed them with suggestions, pictures of their problems, and asked for their VINS, they disappeared.
There is a lot of good information on these forums, but sometimes the younger generation will jump in and chime in about a car they would like to have with no real experience. That's one of the reasons I belatedly joined this Hummer forum TONS OF GOOD ADVICE and experiences, plus I like the pictures too.