PDA

View Full Version : Need some witing diagram help

rvs9
11-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm trying not to beat a dead horse here! What I'm finding out is that when my Eclipse AVN 2454 was installed, the radio shop did a pi** poor job. They didn't hook up some wires to make the unit 100% functional.

I have taken it to a local radio install shop, but most of the wires on the Eclipse harness were cut and there is no tag on the wires anymore. The installer is not an Eclipse dealer, so he can't get any support from Eclipse. While they have answered some of my questions on what wires hook to my vehicle, the seem hesitant to give me a wiring harness diagram.

Could someone who has the unit scan the diagram and post or email me (richard.spurling@ksap.com)? If that is too much to ask, could you list each wire (color(s) and their label) from your diagram. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. Taking the H2 in tomorrow for the lift kit to be installed and new wheels/tires. Also have some other goodies being put on. I'll take pictures.

rvs9
11-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm trying not to beat a dead horse here! What I'm finding out is that when my Eclipse AVN 2454 was installed, the radio shop did a pi** poor job. They didn't hook up some wires to make the unit 100% functional.

I have taken it to a local radio install shop, but most of the wires on the Eclipse harness were cut and there is no tag on the wires anymore. The installer is not an Eclipse dealer, so he can't get any support from Eclipse. While they have answered some of my questions on what wires hook to my vehicle, the seem hesitant to give me a wiring harness diagram.

Could someone who has the unit scan the diagram and post or email me (richard.spurling@ksap.com)? If that is too much to ask, could you list each wire (color(s) and their label) from your diagram. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. Taking the H2 in tomorrow for the lift kit to be installed and new wheels/tires. Also have some other goodies being put on. I'll take pictures.

kodiakz
11-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Man, I hate to say it, but the shop you took it to was WEAK!!!! Sorry. The colors on the eclipse unit are the same as a Kenwood or Alpine or any other aftermarket unit--with the exception of red/white=park brake, dk green=reverse and purple/white=vss and there should be a small plastic piece on the end of the purple wire which contains a diode as to not let any ground path back to the vss circuit. If you call eclipse tech line 800-233-2216 and then press option 6 for avn support, they don't even verify dealer status so you could call yourself (just try to act in the know!!). I am assuming that they failed to hook up the vss wire which is a green/white wire in the instrument cluster.