PDA

View Full Version : Undercoating?

Bill Kervaski
11-22-2002, 11:46 PM
What is the black substance they coat some of the metal with under the H2? It scrapes right off with a fingernail.

- Bill

Bill Kervaski
11-22-2002, 11:46 PM
What is the black substance they coat some of the metal with under the H2? It scrapes right off with a fingernail.

- Bill

MAC
11-23-2002, 01:18 AM
Are you talking about the wheel wells? where the tires are. I think Hummergirl said it right, new brake dust and sort. Made it messy to wash during the first 2 washes, after that no more. That is where old socks and T shirts come in, one use and gone.

Bill Kervaski
11-23-2002, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the reply!

No, the best example is the steel bar that runs across the bottom about midship.

It's not paint but it's definitely something there on purpose. It's not hard and I can scrape it off very easily with my fingernail. It will wipe off with a rag and windex. I need to know if it's some kind of rust protection and should I touch it up.

- Bill

MAC
11-23-2002, 01:29 AM
It shows you love Hummer, I have not been down there yet. Tomorrow is my regular Saturday Hummer wash, I will take a look. Maybe not, I don't want to know what's down there, if I look I may have to spend 2 hours cleaning it, and becomes the start of a bad habit of washing underside. Hummergirl! can you take a look down there please? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bill Kervaski
11-24-2002, 02:26 AM
The dealer seemed to think it wasn't a big deal that it came off. They said all new vehicles have it on the frame.

No idea.

- Bill