PDA

View Full Version : Air intake tube & water ingestion

demj1308
11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
I have seen a lot of posts on diffrent air intakes and filters and had a question. Does the factory air intake tube play a part in preventing water ingestion or is this mostly a feature of the box itself. Im looking to replace the factory filter with a air-raid (filter only) and one of there intake tubes, but i dont want to chance any water ingestion. Sorry to post another intake question.

demj1308
11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
I have seen a lot of posts on diffrent air intakes and filters and had a question. Does the factory air intake tube play a part in preventing water ingestion or is this mostly a feature of the box itself. Im looking to replace the factory filter with a air-raid (filter only) and one of there intake tubes, but i dont want to chance any water ingestion. Sorry to post another intake question.

Grim_Smoker
11-03-2003, 10:46 PM
I don't have an airraid on mine, nor do I know anything about there products besides Hear-Say. However I know that the tube does play a small part in this, well mainly where your filter/box connects with the MAS. Obviously if it doesn't have a nice snug tight fit, water could potentially find its way in. With my breathless filter/box, not only is it an open top box but where the MAS connects it's kinda loose, and I know it would make a great fishbowl for anyone who offroads.

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Orbital H2
11-04-2003, 08:06 PM
The stock air intake tube between the air box and the throttle body has a dip in it that is meant to allow water to pool and not go into your engine, form the size of it it wil only hold a little bit of water, however mostlikely enough to keep you from killing your engine after a minor altercation with water (see "call me muddy") the after makket intake do not have that extra level of protection.

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust