PDA

View Full Version : PIOGM1V2 Question!

TouchdownTN
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Well I finally installed the PIOGM1V2 and I couldn't get it to work. Is there anything I need to do to the unit in order for it to function. I hooked it up and used wire taps to get the 12V and ground. Pressed the BAND button and still had FM1, FM2, and AM. Nothing else showed up. After removing the unit, I noticed that the wire taps might not have made a connection. Do any of you think this is most likely the case or do I probably have a bad unit. Also where did you guys mount the PIOGM1V2? The only place I could easily get it to fit was on top of the radio, wedged underneath the front vents. Also does it matter which 12V accessory plug I use for the power for the PIOGMV2. I am hoping to use the Cig. Lighter since it is never used. Thanks alot,

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

TouchdownTN
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Well I finally installed the PIOGM1V2 and I couldn't get it to work. Is there anything I need to do to the unit in order for it to function. I hooked it up and used wire taps to get the 12V and ground. Pressed the BAND button and still had FM1, FM2, and AM. Nothing else showed up. After removing the unit, I noticed that the wire taps might not have made a connection. Do any of you think this is most likely the case or do I probably have a bad unit. Also where did you guys mount the PIOGM1V2? The only place I could easily get it to fit was on top of the radio, wedged underneath the front vents. Also does it matter which 12V accessory plug I use for the power for the PIOGMV2. I am hoping to use the Cig. Lighter since it is never used. Thanks alot,

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

HummMe
01-05-2004, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TouchdownTN:

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the same problem I have with mine. I just got a new PIOGMV2 @ 15 mins. ago from Logjam and will install it tomorrow. Hopefully its a defective unit and the second one will do the job. Good luck nobody could really help me on this one,

TouchdownTN
01-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Please post your results! I also got mine from logjam. I look forward to hearing from you!

HummMe
01-06-2004, 11:21 PM
ok I just got done installing the second interface from Logjam and guess what--it still didnt work. I called Soundgate tech dept,and after 3 or 4 different reset procedures it finally worked. Here is what I came up with--The soundgate interface should have the power hooked up last. Get everything installed all wires connected and then lastly hook up the power. It may also take disconnecting the power from the xm 910 at the same time. The reason I say this is because my battery went dead after install(listening to xm with interior lights on and key on etc..) and I lost the display again. The only way I could get it back was to disconnect power from interface and xm tuner and then hooking them back up pluging in the interface last. Ihope this helps cause it would have saved me some headaches last week if I had known then.

TouchdownTN
01-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Where in the dash did you mount the interface and where did you get your 12 V and ground from? If Cig Lighters which one is good to use?

HummMe
01-07-2004, 12:14 AM
I used power and ground from the cig lighter. The holes on the side of the interface are there for zip ties. I just zipped tied it to the dash to the right of the pass. side air vent. Good luck. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HummMe
01-07-2004, 12:17 AM
BTW there is only one cig lighter the other 2 are power outlets. I will never use the cig lighter so I figured that would not be a problem.