PDA

View Full Version : Radio Problems In the H2

Arizona Hummerboy
11-13-2002, 11:23 PM
I am having problems with my Radio, I am getting noise out of the right side on all speakers, the noise is if I have broken a speaker. The noise will go away after I turn the vehicle off and wait awhile. The noise will come and go from time to time. I have had it in the shop 4 times now and on Monday it is going in for number 5.
I get the noise with the radio or CD playing.

Has anyone had this problem yet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Arizona Hummerboy
11-13-2002, 11:23 PM
I am having problems with my Radio, I am getting noise out of the right side on all speakers, the noise is if I have broken a speaker. The noise will go away after I turn the vehicle off and wait awhile. The noise will come and go from time to time. I have had it in the shop 4 times now and on Monday it is going in for number 5.
I get the noise with the radio or CD playing.

Has anyone had this problem yet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Texas Red
11-13-2002, 11:35 PM
I haven't run into that problem, thank goodness. Are you saying the dealer hasn't been able to fix it??

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

Arizona Hummerboy
11-13-2002, 11:59 PM
My Dealer,the Serivce rep is clueless on the problem. The frist few time I went in He thought I was nuts.

I hope he can find the problem with it this time, I am going to see if they will put a hole new radio system in for me.

TS
11-14-2002, 12:02 AM
I had the same problem with my Yukon Denali and the GM/BOSE system. Sounded like a short, or a broken speaker. The problem was intermittent and it took 4 or 5 times taking it to the dealer, they finally replaced the radio, the problem went away.

MAC
11-14-2002, 12:15 AM
If it is not fix this time, call Hummer directly at 1-866-486-6376. What a waste of your time and energy to take 5 trips to fix the radio. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Let's know how it goes. I have no problem with the radio. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Arizona Hummerboy
11-14-2002, 12:45 AM
Mac

Thanks for the number for Hummer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My srevice teck and I are not the best of friends, I have called his but into the main office a few times on my Hummer. They hate it when I show up.

MAC
11-14-2002, 05:39 AM
AZ, I saw this post in the tech section.

posted November 11, 2002 07:08 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twice now, after I started my H2 I had no audio from my radio or on-star, all other functionalities of the raidio worked. I had to shut off the engine, wait about 5 minutes and then it was ok. My dealeer did inform me there is a tech bulliten to replace some amps. I have not had any problems for a while so I have not had the amp replaced yet. Just wondering if anyone else had any problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 10 | From: Coram, NY, USA | Registered: November 06, 2002

racina
11-14-2002, 09:42 AM
I have heard of some issue's concerning a popping or crackling noise coming from the right speaker in the A-pillar. Might be worth checking out.

kelleymac2000
11-14-2002, 05:46 PM
I have had exactly this problem twice. Not seen it in about two weeks now. I have also found that when turning the key off doesn't work, hitting the "2" button on the door to change the driver settings seems to clear it.

Now that I know others are seeing it, I'll take mine in. It was bizarre when it first happened!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
AZ, I saw this post in the tech section.

posted November 11, 2002 07:08 AM
Twice now, after I started my H2 I had no audio from my radio or on-star, all other functionalities of the raidio worked. I had to shut off the engine, wait about 5 minutes and then it was ok. My dealeer did inform me there is a tech bulliten to replace some amps. I have not had any problems for a while so I have not had the amp replaced yet. Just wondering if anyone else had any problems.
Posts: 10 | From: Coram, NY, USA | Registered: November 06, 2002<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JohnB.GWU.
11-14-2002, 09:26 PM
I too have experienced this problem on several different occasions wiht my H2. Whenever someone has an update about what the dealer did, feel free to post info. Good luck owners.

John R. Benda

Arizona Hummerboy
11-14-2002, 09:33 PM
I will let everyone know what going on with my radio come Monday. I spoke to my service rep and he he clueless to what is going on with it, he had another Hummer come in with the same problem.

DIANE
11-18-2002, 10:38 PM
My right front speaker is now making a static type noise. It almost seems like a "hiss". Can anyone update on the problem? It is a 4 hour drive to the nearest Hummer dealer and I would prefer not to make several trips (if I can tell him what the problem is maybe he will fix it right the 1st time).

Arizona Hummerboy
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Diane

It sounds like you are having the same problem I am having,my H2 is in the shop right now for the same problem,My teck is clueless to what is going on with it. The noise goes away after I turn off the vehicle and leave it set for awhile. I think they were thinking about putting a new radio in today.

DIANE
11-18-2002, 11:12 PM
I guess I will be calling a dealer tomorrow. Unfortunately it is not the dealer that I purchased it from. Hopefully he will still treat me fairly.

MAC
11-18-2002, 11:25 PM
Diane, did you have this radio speaker problem from the start, or is it something new?

Of course the dealer should treat you right, that is their job, regardless when you bought the auto. I could be mistaken, warranty work is free to customers, but manufacturers pay dealers for their service. Service business could be a bigger part of business or profit of a dealership than selling cars. When you take your service job there, smart dealers should do their best to treat you right, do the job right and get you out on time, so you will come back again, in theory. I have been lucky, all dealers and mechanics I have used have been honest & very professional.

Arizona Hummerboy
11-20-2002, 01:46 AM
My service teck is clueless to my radio problem, knowone down there knows what is going on. I ask them to put a new radio in due to it being in the shop 5 time now. The sob said no way /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif they have to fix the problem. I ask them how in the hell can they fix the problem if the can't find the problem /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif they said they will get back to me.

What is a person to do? in a case like this? /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

MAC
11-20-2002, 02:52 AM
Call Hummer directly at 866-486-6376.

Vic Williams posted this numbers:
1-877-464-5782 call this number its an internal hummer service number

Arizona Hummerboy
11-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Breaking News, after being in the shop for 4 days and a 150 miles of road testing, my service teck replace the amplifier in my H2 /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

They thought the radio problem was tied in with my after market sun roof.And me also washing the vehicle and water getting into the door.

So after 4 days they put in a new amflifier.

MAC
11-22-2002, 05:35 AM
What do you mean by "after market sunroof"? Does that mean you did not have a sunroof and you had it cut open and a sunroof installed? People used to do that 20 years ago, I didn't know it is still being done. A gutsy thing to do! Any problem leaking? Tell us more.

Arizona Hummerboy
11-22-2002, 12:56 PM
The sun roof is better then the one that comes in the hummer. and on leaks.

DIANE
11-22-2002, 12:59 PM
I am still having the problem with the R speaker. I am not sure when it started because I can only hear it when I am in the passenger side (which isn't often). It seems to occur most when I am listening to talk radio (or at least that is when I notice it). I had already had the oil changed so I am going to wait until it gets closer to the next change before I drive it 3-4 hours to the dealer. No leaks in the moonroof and no problems with the windshield washer motor yet.

MAC
11-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Diane, the guys who install radio at Hummer plant hates Rush, Mike or any of the radio guys on the right. It was inplanted in the systems to add a fuzz to your reception when you listen to them. Hummer Tech said it easy to fix the problem, all you have to do is to start listening to NPR or any left wing talk shows, once you reach an equal amount of listening time on the left wing radios, everything will be fine. Do the balancing act frequently to fine tune the radio, the more left wing stuff you listen to, the better your radio will get. They said lots of ANTI-this and ANTI-that bumper stickers on the back usually boost radio reception 100%. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif