PDA

View Full Version : predator upgrade??

Screeper
06-04-2004, 05:05 PM
I need an opinion from those with the experience. I recently did the cool air intake and exhaust upgrade and was mostly happy with the mid range and WOT improvement. What was strange was the "feeling" that there was less lower end torque. Is this due to lack of back pressure? or am I just feeling the greater torque curve?? Will a programmer help or am I wasting my money if I dont want to run on super unleaded. I have read up in past posts about torque management I know a super charger is the cure all but I am concerned about warranty.

Screeper
I need an opinion from those with the experience. I recently did the cool air intake and exhaust upgrade and was mostly happy with the mid range and WOT improvement. What was strange was the "feeling" that there was less lower end torque. Is this due to lack of back pressure? or am I just feeling the greater torque curve?? Will a programmer help or am I wasting my money if I dont want to run on super unleaded. I have read up in past posts about torque management I know a super charger is the cure all but I am concerned about warranty.

Screeper

HGW
06-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Unless it is pinging, you do not need superunleaded---you may try a tank to see if the "feeling goes away".

The Diablo Predator is a great tool----I use one on mine, which is supercharged.

However, a Diablo does well on a stock engine too---it also allows for real time monitoring of your engine parameters. It can adjust many parameters to make your truck run great, including torque management.

They are pricey but worth it--you can also download custom tunes to your laptop via the web and upload them to you PCM.

Without boring everyone, send me a PM with your number and I can give you a lot of info before purchase.

Also, it takes a number of drive cycles until your PCM adjusts to your new add ons-----this may cure your issue---the predator is still a good investment though.

HGW
06-04-2004, 07:15 PM
PS--A Magneson SC---which I have on my truck---with custom tuning and exhaust runs like a champ----the SC has a warranty for three years but is void if there are any suspension mods, tire changes, etc. Read the fine print carefully prior to purchase or call Magneson direct. It is well worth the $----I am driving an entirely different vehicle since the SC install.

Screeper
06-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I did not know that drive cycles would affect overall performance so I guess we will wait and see. No SC for now, but there is a shop down the street that specializes in H2 and corvette motors. I am going to go talk to them this week about computer programs.