PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the new H3

funpilot
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Found this forum that talks about the Colorado....which has the same engine as the H3. Perhaps one of you more competent people can monitor that site to see if it gives us any indication ow what to expect from the H3....

http://coloradofans.com/viewforum.php?f=5

funpilot
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Found this forum that talks about the Colorado....which has the same engine as the H3. Perhaps one of you more competent people can monitor that site to see if it gives us any indication ow what to expect from the H3....

http://coloradofans.com/viewforum.php?f=5

bparker
02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Exciting! As it appears there will be alot of power realted mods out already for the H3.

PARAGON
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Go look up the H3 on Edmunds.com. It has unreal numbers like 350hp and 350ft/lbs but the specs also say turbocharged. I just remember reading the specs there before and wonder where they came from.

Kahloq
03-04-2005, 01:06 AM
If anyone remembers the prototpye H3T, it was specifi8ed as having 300HP using the I-5 with a supercharger. I would assume that the aftermarket parts being used would be of similar design or background and could account for the 350/350 mentioned at edmunds.com
Theres a whole range of upgrades one can do to an engine, so from a base of 220HP(stock I-5), to 350 is not that much of a stretch.

killian
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:

http://coloradofans.com/viewforum.php?f=5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dropped a line to RK Sport, the makers of the Colorado supercharger inquiring about one for the H3. Here's my reply:

We are working a super charger for the H3, it looks like it won't be out until around 6 months or so.
Sorry for the wait,
Frank

http://img142.exs.cxmy.phploc=img142&image=dsc085017zd.jpg

H3 Builder
03-28-2005, 05:44 PM
The engines are the same but there are some minor differences between the Colorado and Canyon as far as bolt on items which could make some differences on bolt on items. There was the turbo engine that was to be for 2nd year, but that has been canceled infavor of something better to come down the road, unfortunately in about 2 years.

funpilot
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Where you could really help us is to let us know what after market products might work best for fit (not functionality....we won't trap you into that). Could you haunt the Colorado websites to see what they are doing? I will send you a link when I get home this weekend.

peyote
03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
i'd hope that whatever RK Sport's future plans for the H3 include using the snorkel for intake. i can't see losing the snorkel just to get the much needed add. horsepower.

Mike smith
05-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Hello Iam new to the site and I am very interested in the H3, but as a GMC Canyon owner and a member of Coloradofans.com the concern is no true lifts exist for the 4x4 canyon/colorado platform.The other concern is clearance issues up front of these trucks. Look closely at the front frame cab mount and you will see there is not much room for a wide rim or bigger tires when at full turn. I am truely interested to see what changes have been made when compared to the truck base. The turning radius is horrible in my canyon, but I have heard many of you praise it on the H3?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
05-18-2005, 03:21 AM
I know of a Colorado that has wide tires and rims and turns quite well. It has air bags custom made and can sit on the ground or get tall enough if it was an offroader it would have no clearance problems.
But, it has body mods so it is cheating a little. You can make anything work the way you want it. It just takes money and someone who can envision it as well as do the job. He will hopefully have a turbo on it soon and I may be able to get some feedback on it and sort of predict what it will be like for the H3 when it is converted for it.
Let You know when I get more info.
TAZ

H3 Builder
05-18-2005, 02:02 PM
The H3 has a wider track and the frame is close to the same size. So that gives you more clearance wheel to frame. Even though they are built on the same type of frame, there are quit a few differences between the 2.

usetosellhummer
05-18-2005, 04:53 PM
break it in over 6 months and then you will see 4-7 choices for chargers and performace ads. the H2 had about 6 months before eveyone and their mother had a mod for it. Let some turkey blow up something before you rush in.

H3 Buyer to be?
05-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Does anyone have input on the best place to get H3 Parts? Like Chrome items (gas, bumpers, trim...)

Also any thoughts on how long it will be before these are in the stores to ship?