PDA

View Full Version : H3 Crashtest Results?

Sharkster
09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Has the H3 been crashtested yet? ...and if so, how well did it perform?

Sharkster
09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Has the H3 been crashtested yet? ...and if so, how well did it perform?

SteveRH
09-14-2005, 04:27 PM
One of my friends saw an H3 try to tackle the back end of a larger vehicle last week in the Dallas area. Said it was totalled. The driver was OK.

I know it's football season and all, but c'mon...

f5fstop
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
GM has to crash test any vehicle offered for sale, and it has to pass the Federal Regulations. As for the insurance industry crash results you read about in the papers and see on TV, that I have no idea. Eventually it will be tested for crash worthiness and for rollover.

Thai
09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
It will likely do well in the insurance offset frontal crash test because H3 is based on the Chevy Colorado which did well:

http://www.hwysafety.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=228

As for government crash testing, here is Colorado:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/ncap/Index2.cfm

Basically, the H3 should do the same or better than Colorado.

usetosellhummer
09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
it passed fed of course but utill the public groups test we won't see any real data. I wonder if it weight will change the result vs the canyon and colo.

Sharkster
09-16-2005, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
It will likely do well in the insurance offset frontal crash test because H3 is based on the Chevy Colorado which did well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, on the Chevy Colorado website it says:

Quote: "A high-strength steel safety cage surrounds the entire passenger compartment of every Chevrolet. Its components include reinforcements in the floor, body sills and roof pillars — plus steel side-door beams. In addition, energy-absorbing crush zones in the front and rear structures are designed to help absorb energy in a controlled manner in the event of a collision, so the integrity of the passenger compartment can be maintained."

I wonder if this is true for the H3 too, since it isn't mentioned on hummer.com for the H3.

f5fstop
09-19-2005, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
It will likely do well in the insurance offset frontal crash test because H3 is based on the Chevy Colorado which did well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, on the Chevy Colorado website it says:

Quote: "A high-strength steel safety cage surrounds the entire passenger compartment of every Chevrolet. Its components include reinforcements in the floor, body sills and roof pillars — plus steel side-door beams. In addition, energy-absorbing crush zones in the front and rear structures are designed to help absorb energy in a controlled manner in the event of a collision, so the integrity of the passenger compartment can be maintained."

I wonder if this is true for the H3 too, since it isn't mentioned on hummer.com for the H3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is