PDA

View Full Version : hitch adaptor

01-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I bought a hitch light which comes with a 4-way flat trailer connector. My limited understanding of trailer wiring (i.e. reading the manual) states we have a seven pin universal connector. I have found some adaptors (7 to 4 pin) but am not sure the proper terminology for our wiring. Is it a seven way split pin socket? Should I return the light or would an adaptor be practical? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

01-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I bought a hitch light which comes with a 4-way flat trailer connector. My limited understanding of trailer wiring (i.e. reading the manual) states we have a seven pin universal connector. I have found some adaptors (7 to 4 pin) but am not sure the proper terminology for our wiring. Is it a seven way split pin socket? Should I return the light or would an adaptor be practical? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

H2Jim
01-06-2003, 11:49 PM
The 7-to-4 pigtail adapter should work fine, if you get it from a reputable source/manufacturer. I even saw them somewhere (I'll try to remember and repost) that had really short lengths for something like you're talking about.

Big Z
01-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Should be able to get one from any chevy dealer. I'm suprised it didn't come with out rigs.

Tiger Bait
01-07-2003, 03:22 AM
almost any Walmart has them. ANd absolutly any auto parts store. $10 at Walmart and $15 at any CHevy dealer.