PDA

View Full Version : Transfer case control buttons not responding

Batman
12-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Anyone had any problems with their transfer control buttons not working? Had first snow fall of the season today and none of the 4 wheel drive buttons work. I obviously will take it to the dealer but was wondering if there may be a simple fix....like a fuse blown. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Batman
12-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Anyone had any problems with their transfer control buttons not working? Had first snow fall of the season today and none of the 4 wheel drive buttons work. I obviously will take it to the dealer but was wondering if there may be a simple fix....like a fuse blown. Any ideas would be appreciated.

PARAGON
12-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Seth,

You beat me to it!

Batman
12-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I followed all of the procedures in the owners manual. The buttons did not blink and would not go on at all. Someone also suggested driving in reverse for a short distance and try again...nothing. It just seems odd that if the 4-wheel drive functions are not working that the warning light in the dash would go on. This is the first time I have tried to use the 4-wheel drive.

Batman
12-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes...to be specific...I tried to engage the 4H button in park...neutral and in drive at under 40mph....nothing.

Batman
12-29-2003, 04:54 PM
sorry..typo...I meant to say 4 mph.

Batman
12-29-2003, 05:03 PM
The 4LO will not engage in neutral at a stop. The button does not light up or blink...nothing.

DRTYFN
12-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Bet you wish you'd tried out your rig before now. Always familiarize yourself with your vehicle BEFORE you need it. Nothing worse than having an H2 that's more than capable of cruising around in the snow and not knowing how to use it.

By the way, where do you live?

Batman
12-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Portland

unaslob
12-31-2003, 01:06 AM
did they ever work.. when I was going through the vehicle with my dealer when I picked it up... he went through all of the features...even put it into each 4 wheel drive setup!

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!

HUMTECH
01-06-2004, 02:57 AM
your truck should shift into 4hi at any speed up to 60 mph with no problems. Sounds like a mode control switch problem and this will not turn on the service 4 wheel drive message in the DIC. Take it to your dealer and they should have no problem addressing the problem.

csx164
02-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I have had a similar problem after driving in the snow. The ABS TC2 lights came on then I couldn't change 4wd modes. Its at the dealer now they told me it is a ABS sensor in the wheel I'll update the part they actually replace when I get the truck back and have the repair order.