PDA

View Full Version : brush guard

OLE YLLR
12-06-2002, 05:54 PM
NEED HELP. SINCE I'VE HEARD ON THIS FORUM THAT THE OFFROAD LIGHTS ON THE BRUSH GUARD ARE NOT THE GREATEST AND I HAVE'NT RCV'D MY H2, CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME IF 8 INCH DIAMETER OFFROAD LIGHTS WILL FIT ON THE BRUSH GUARD. SPECIFIC /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifALLY THE WRAP AROUND MODEL. THANKS OLE YLLR

OLE YLLR
12-06-2002, 05:54 PM
NEED HELP. SINCE I'VE HEARD ON THIS FORUM THAT THE OFFROAD LIGHTS ON THE BRUSH GUARD ARE NOT THE GREATEST AND I HAVE'NT RCV'D MY H2, CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME IF 8 INCH DIAMETER OFFROAD LIGHTS WILL FIT ON THE BRUSH GUARD. SPECIFIC /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gifALLY THE WRAP AROUND MODEL. THANKS OLE YLLR

SJ
12-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Yes, my 130W Explorer ProComps are 8" in diameter and they fit fine. I have not taken the time to install them yet, but I did a test mounting and they look sweet! Further, I still have room for fog lights (stacked in the center) if I want to add them later.http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/rocker.gif

OLE YLLR
12-06-2002, 06:24 PM
SOUNDS GOOD. I THINK IT WAS YOU THAT RECOMMENDED THE PRO COMPS. THAT'S WHAT I PLAN TO PUT ON. OLE YLLR

Zing
12-07-2002, 01:29 PM
pardon my ignorance, but is there is switch already in the H2 designated for the offroad lights that you hook up to if you intall yourself? or does a switch come with the lights that you have to install? how does that work?

One of my considerations is just ordering the stock offroad lights with the H2 so the switch comes nicely placed and I don't have to deal with it.

OLE YLLR
12-09-2002, 02:49 AM
DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE OFFROAD LIGHT SWITCH IN THE VEHICLE, BUT I WAS THINKING OF ORDERING THE PRO COMP WIRING HARNESS WHICH COMES COMPLETE WITH THE SWITCH. WILL CHECK FURTHER. I AM WAITING TILL MY H2 SHOWS UP, SEEMS LIKE FOREVER. OLE YLLR

Texas Red
12-09-2002, 12:23 PM
The optional off-road lights comes with a nicely placed switch on the drivers side of the upper console (if you din't have a sunroof). If you have a sunroof, I don't know.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

SJ
12-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Re: Off-Road Lighting Switch

Many aftermarket lighting manufacturers include a switch and wiring kit with the lights being sold. In other cases, you will need to purchase a switch.

I purchased a dual switch kit, so that I can add fog lights at a later point and not have to go through the process of wiring all the way through the firewall and to the cabin again. I simply plan to cap the unused wiring in a safe location under the hood.

h2fan
12-09-2002, 10:57 PM
I HAVE THE FACTORY SUNROOF AND THE OFF ROAD LIGHTS SO MY SWITCH IS JUST UNDER MY REAR WIPER SWITCH NICELY DONE

JCJ
12-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Like Texas Red Jim I don't have a sunroof (nor leaks), but would like to have the switch there where H2Fan mentions it is.
While installing the roof off road lights and bar myself, I tried putting the switch beneath the rear wiper switch.
But when I took that switch out I discovered it was one "solid" piece.
I didn't dare open it afraid it would brake and I would loose warranty for it.
Now I am curious how your that switch block looks like H2Fan.
Is the rear wiper swith separable from the off road light switch?
Please check if you see any part number on them.
Thanks, JCJ