PDA

View Full Version : Service Air Suspension?

austoak
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Got in the truck this morning and the digital readout told me to check my Air Suspension. I read the manual and it said that the air suspension system might get over heated with heavy loads and thats why it would say that. I have never had anything in the back of the truck that is heavy. I'm the only one thats ever in the truck. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what do they have to do to fix it?

austoak
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Got in the truck this morning and the digital readout told me to check my Air Suspension. I read the manual and it said that the air suspension system might get over heated with heavy loads and thats why it would say that. I have never had anything in the back of the truck that is heavy. I'm the only one thats ever in the truck. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what do they have to do to fix it?

pools2do
02-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Same thing has happened to my 2003 H2. The readout comes on when first started. I'll turn off the engine & restart to reset it. This happens once every other month it seems. As long as it resets for now til I can find time to waste a day at the dealership.
Sorry for not being able to help other than your not alone with the problem.........

DRTYFN
02-12-2004, 05:07 AM
austoak,
Have you ever given JeepChick a ride in your H2? Even if it was a brief ride the effect it could have on your suspension could be quite serious. Bent tie rods, snapped contol arm, blown out shocks and air bladders, etc, etc...
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gifhttp://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

How many miles do you have on your H2? I had the same thing happen after having my system reset. It has something to do with the air suspension recalibrating itself after a certain amount of miles. At least that's what my techs told me.

S&B Member since '03

MAC
02-12-2004, 06:03 AM
The "Service Air Suspension" light came on for me while we were at Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe during a ski trip a year ago. It came on at 7000 elevation in very cold snowy weather and at cold starts, but went away at restart, either immediately or with warmer engine. There was nothing wrong with air susp., I think it was a sensor having trouble with the high elevation of cold weather. I did not pay any attention to it, at the next regular service visit I had the air suspension TSB Klaus provided and asked the Hummer service people to look into it. Don't know if they actually did anything, but I have not seen that warning again since that ski trip.

I think that air susp. TSB has something to do with high elevation, required reset or readjustment or replace a chip.

austoak
02-14-2004, 01:38 PM
DRTYFN,

LOL!!!! That poor thing!!! She is not gonna live that one down. She should have kept her mouth shut!! No she wasn't in the H-2. If she was then that would explain it. I took it in to the dealer last wednesday still not fixed. They said I needed a new compressor & control module. Thanks for the input http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif