PDA

View Full Version : Flat Towing an H2

THE HUMMERMAN
12-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Have any of you set up you H2 to be flat towed. If you have, can you please refer me to the company that performed the upgrade.
I have a client you is planning to flat tow their H2 behind a 40ft Bus.

Thanks

THE HUMMERMAN
12-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Have any of you set up you H2 to be flat towed. If you have, can you please refer me to the company that performed the upgrade.
I have a client you is planning to flat tow their H2 behind a 40ft Bus.

Thanks

Drag
12-18-2003, 05:43 PM
And we all thought that you were a Hummer dealer, dude. Page 4-66 of the Owners manual. The section that refers to dinghy towing. It tells you how to do it.

Yes, this is my truck. No, I will NOT help you move.

Klaus
12-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Take a look at this thread:

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=2606011751&m=2116034305

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

THE HUMMERMAN
12-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey Drag,,,
I am not surprised to receive a sarcastic crack in this forum.
I was not asking how to perform the procedure of setting up the transfer case to flat tow the vehicle, I was talking about the actual tow bar and brake assist used to tow the H2 behind a Bus.

Klaus, thank you for the educated reply...It was exactly what I was looking for.

Drag
12-18-2003, 07:50 PM
THE HUMMERMAN,

If you don't want sarcastic remarks, then perhaps you should consider your question. You askes "How to flat tow an H2". This is detailed in the Owner's Manual. That is what I told you how to look up.

And while we're on the subject, why not ask your service department at your own dealership?? Isn't that what they get paid to do? Service vehicles? No, on second thoughts, just tell us how hard it is to be a dealer, and how much you have pay your techs
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> stop paying our technicians who work from 7am-7pm every day, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
and how you're barely breaking even. My heart bleeds for you, you poor, poor man.

Big Z
12-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Klaus directed you to a good link. If you need some specifics, or a little more info let me know.

THE HUMMERMAN
12-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Drag,,Why don't you read my thread and let me know where I asked how to Flat Tow an H2. Find something else to occupy your free time.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And while we're on the subject, why not ask your service department at your own dealership?? Isn't that what they get paid to do? Service vehicles? No, on second thoughts, just tell us how hard it is to be a dealer, and how much you have pay your techs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you manage or own a company, I am sure you know that it a hard job if you opperate at a substatial capacity. I never said I did not enjoy being a dealer. Been doing it for the past 13 years and will continue to for many more years. How about you? What do you do that is so noble? Or not willing to tell just like the rest of those in this forum that prefer to make it into a soap opera?

PARAGON
12-18-2003, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THE HUMMERMAN:
If you manage or own a company, I am sure you know that it a hard job if you opperate at a substatial capacity. I never said I did not enjoy being a dealer. Been doing it for the past 13 years and will continue to for many more years. How about you? What do you do that is so noble? Or not willing to tell just like the rest of those in this forum that prefer to make it into a soap opera?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am an owner of several companies and do not believe I have told anyone on the forum what I do. I haven't seen where it's been relevent. In your case, you must have made your parents proud OR I can't add and subtract very well. It would seem you owned a dealership when you were 16?

Member Profile for THE HUMMERMAN

Total Posts: 7
View Posts By this Member
Email: -
Home Page: -
Date of Birth: 03-11-74
City, State, Country: -
Why did you join this forum?: -

PARAGON
12-18-2003, 09:41 PM
On this subject though, could a system not be developed that would use the front receiver on the H2 as the attachment point?

Big Z
12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
paragon,

I asked the very same question when @ RoadMaster. The short--No. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Drag
12-18-2003, 09:58 PM
THE HUMMERMAN,

If this is how you react to a little ball breaking, then I'm glad that I've never done business with you. I work two jobs, one of which is a business that I own 25% of. With my own money, that I saved and invested. On average, an 80 hour week would mean some rest time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Have any of you set up you H2 to be flat towed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won't even get into this one.

Frankly, dude, as a customer of many other car dealers, I will ask again,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> why not ask your service department at your own dealership?? Isn't that what they get paid to do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all honesty, stick to sales. I saw the customized H2 that Jambo had posted, Jambo's thread (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=3386093025) and I like the idea. I don't think that I would go for that particular steering wheel, but the wheels themselves look good. The leather seats look good, and I love the center stack. Stick to what you're good at, and learn that you may already have the answer in house.

Paragon,

The front hitch is often used in flat towing. There are ways to tow without it, but I don't think that those are recommended. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DRTYFN
12-19-2003, 01:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THE HUMMERMAN:
Hey Drag,,,
I am not surprised to receive a sarcastic crack in this forum.
I was not asking how to perform the procedure of setting up the transfer case to flat tow the vehicle, I was talking about the actual tow bar and brake assist used to tow the H2 behind a Bus.

Klaus, thank you for the educated reply...It was exactly what I was looking for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we'd expect nothing less than a cry-baby response from you.
You're not inpiring much confidence in your dealership by acting like such a little puss.

jambo
12-19-2003, 02:31 AM
I understand that some (i mean) most of you do not like dealers, That is a given (i do understand). But where is the holiday spirit? All hummerman did was ask a question (which was legit) If it had been anyone else most of you would have said be more specific. I think I am right about this from reading the other threads.

Just to clear up a few things, Hummerman is our director of sales (hummer and commercial). I never read where he said he owned the dealership. I have worked with or have done business with him for almost 12 years, He does know most phases of the car biz.

In house is the answer, But the man to ask was not here becouse of the holidays. We thought our freindly forum may be able to help???????

As for DRTYFN,I will not sleep until YOU can rebuild or find a way to have confidence in our dealership.lol

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (I really mean that).

Big Z
12-19-2003, 02:59 AM
You need an air valve installed in the coachs brake line.

You need a perportional braking system. I recommend all products you get from RoadMaster. And finally, check out camping world for all the products and install.

DRTYFN
12-19-2003, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jambo:
I understand that some (i mean) most of you do not like dealers, That is a given (i do understand). But where is the holiday spirit? All hummerman did was ask a question (which was legit) If it had been anyone else most of you would have said be more specific. I think I am right about this from reading the other threads.

Just to clear up a few things, Hummerman is our director of sales (hummer and commercial). I never read where he said he owned the dealership. I have worked with or have done business with him for almost 12 years, He does know most phases of the car biz.

In house is the answer, But the man to ask was not here becouse of the holidays. We thought our freindly forum may be able to help???????

As for DRTYFN,I will not sleep until YOU can rebuild or find a way to have confidence in our dealership.lol

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (I really mean that).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, I really like the dealership that I bought my H2 from. Dick Hannah Hummer will get ALL of my Hummer business in the future because they're a class act from top to bottom. They don't have a pissy attitude, like your's does.
As for your bold statement, it looks like you're gonna find out what sleep deprivation is all about. Wait 'til you start hallucinating. Maybe that'll be a good thing. Then you'll be able to pretend you're a good dealership.

If you hadn't come in here acting like a dick, you wouldn't be getting treated like one now.

PARAGON
12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jambo:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL (I really mean that).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I will say this, if I owned the dealership and the both of you were managers, you would be let go immediately. You have to represent yourselves professionaly to be taken seriously or you do nothing but muddy the reputation of the dealer you work for.

Jambo, if you want to get into semantics, THE HUMMERMAN said, "I never said I did not enjoy being a dealer. Been doing it for the past 13 years..." The dealer is the person listed on the agreement with the car manufacturer and is usually the owner of the business. THE HUMMERMAN's profile said he was born in 1974 and he says he's been a dealer for 13 years, so it smacks in the face of credibility.

The two of you have done very little to provide any credibility to your dealership, just giving the same BS crying about how hard it is being a dealer. A dealership is made by it's managers and the personality of the dealership reflects the personalities of those managers and you are reflecting very poorly on yours.

THE HUMMERMAN
12-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Big Z,
Camping World has all the items my client was looking for and plenty of other useful information.
I appreciate the help from you and Klaus.

Zing
12-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Wait 'til Hummerman sees that there is someone called THE Hummerman. He and monkeys are gonna ffffflip! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif