PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter w/ a magnacharger...

KenMt
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I just completed installing a Magnacharger on a customer's 2003 H2.What a difference! Anyway,would it be to his benefit to replace the air cleaner[element or kit]? If so,what kind-K&N or other? [The only other modifications to the vehicle are flowed exhaust besides the Magnacharger] Also,just out of curiosity,what do you folks think a realistic h.p. estimate is for this vehicle? thanks.

KenMt
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I just completed installing a Magnacharger on a customer's 2003 H2.What a difference! Anyway,would it be to his benefit to replace the air cleaner[element or kit]? If so,what kind-K&N or other? [The only other modifications to the vehicle are flowed exhaust besides the Magnacharger] Also,just out of curiosity,what do you folks think a realistic h.p. estimate is for this vehicle? thanks.

KenP
09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I used the AiRaid, but could not get it to stop whistling. Two others here had that problem, too. But then there are some that don't. K&N in the stock box works great.

therock
09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
I added a Airaid P\N 200-112 to my Silverado with a Radix and got a 15.7 increase in HP over the stock box. This was done on the same day after 2 pulls with the stock box then we swapped them out and made another pull and got the 15.7. The noise was not much different but the H2's box is closer to the cab. I have the spray in foam in my fender that was included in the Radix kit. I love the whine.

MSeeb
09-26-2005, 07:35 PM
I used the Airaid system and it worked out fine. I didn't have any whistling issues.