PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Question

cambone3
02-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know which plug n play interface cable to use with the Monsoon system, if you want to add an amp? I tried the PAC OEM-GM24 and it wouldn't work. Everything I have seen says for Bose or Non Bose nothing about the Monsoon system.
Thanks

cambone3
02-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know which plug n play interface cable to use with the Monsoon system, if you want to add an amp? I tried the PAC OEM-GM24 and it wouldn't work. Everything I have seen says for Bose or Non Bose nothing about the Monsoon system.
Thanks

H3HUMVEE
02-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Try doing a search .. that topic has come up before...

HummerNewbie
02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
What are you trying to do, add a different sub?

Being in Central Florida, are you interested in the Hummer Club Orlando? Here is the thread (http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2706067735/m/6541093951) about it.

cambone3
02-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I did a search on the topic but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I am doing the 2 subs in the back door plus I am adding 2 more 5 1/4s in the rear pillar columns and adding another amp to power them. I want to keep my factory head unit therefore keeping the monsoon amp. So I tapped into the rear speaker wires with my converter and everything worked great on my test setup. I have found numerous posts about the monsoon system having 2ohm speakers. However when I removed my door panels to make sure I was tapping into the right wires I noticed my factory speakers are stamped 4ohms. Is this something new? If this is the case I am going to go ahead and replace those also. It's a long process but I think the end result will be worth it.

HummerNewbie: Yes I am interested in the Hummers of Orlando.

HummerNewbie
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I would love to check out your subs in the back door when you are done. I was originally planning on doing that right away but now I am not sure. I am actually very impressed with the Monsoon system. I have never owned a vehicle where I did not replace the factory system and usually to the tune of at least $4K. The Monsoon obviously does not sound as good as a $4k+ system but I am impressed.

I will definitely keep you posted about the club. What part of town are you in?

cambone3
02-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm over in Cocoa.