PDA

View Full Version : G-Tech Performance meter

Kevin W
10-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Hey there,

Anyone ever used one of these performance meters? I just bought one from ebay and was wondering if they really were accurate. Looking to see if the performance mods actually make the differences the manufacturers are claiming.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

Kevin W
10-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Hey there,

Anyone ever used one of these performance meters? I just bought one from ebay and was wondering if they really were accurate. Looking to see if the performance mods actually make the differences the manufacturers are claiming.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker bezels, and chrome MC2 factory style wheels .

ZeroTolerance
10-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Are you talking about the meter that you plug into the cigarette lighter? I know that some guys in the Ferrari club that use them, but they are not that accurate... If that is what you are talking about...

Navigator
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
I have one and it does help out when adding mods, although your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times may not match the times you get at the drag strip you can definatly see how much you gained or lost when adding mods.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa cat back. Black
2003 Nisan Murano
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

Neal Bardens
11-14-2003, 11:27 PM
I have used one on several occasions and have had good results. It is only as accurate as the information put into it. The results are not as accurate as a dyno or other test equipment, but you can enough information to tune on the fly. Do not go by the vehicle manufactures standard weight for the vehicle you are charting. Weight your vehicle with you in it and you will get better results.
Neal

Hummertime
11-15-2003, 05:17 AM
hey! that reminded me i have one in the garage. i quit using it cause it doesnt work well on traction limited vehicles. lt1 impala ss w/much mods. it should work great on h2!

Bone stock but dreamin!

H2Stealth
12-01-2003, 11:49 PM
I have the Nology PDA-DYNO which not only works better than the G-TECH but has more to offer as well. I know it was more expensive, but look at everything you get with ithttp://www.nology.com/

03 Black with Nology Ignition products, K.I.T. carbon-fiber fender trim / hood scoop with handles / hood side tower caps / rear louvers / engine cover, 14 inch BulletProof Suspension powdercoated black installed by CTL MOTORSPORTS, Fox Racing Shhox, 44inch Truxus STS with 17x14 Weld Racing Wheels, Snyper brakes, Custom black bi-xenon projector headlights, Kodiak fold down steps, black grill, Pro-Fit custom black LVE fuel door, Benevento carbon-fiber dash kit, Husky Liners floor mats, MOMO shift knob / pedals, HITCHCAM rear camera, Royal Purple fluids, Cleargearz clear differential cover, Airaid intake / filter, Borla exhaust / headers, Optima Battery.