PDA

View Full Version : fix for cracked black roof plastic molding?

tony d
04-08-2006, 10:21 PM
noticed today the joint between the windshield black molding and the black roof molding is cracked on the drivers side ? is there a replacement for this and what is the part# for both pass. and dr. sides ?

nmikes
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
check history, there have been alot on this... they are working on a fix that hasn't come out yet that I know of.

f5fstop
04-08-2006, 10:32 PM
new rails should be arriving in the dealers sometime next month, along with new A-pillar molding that fit better.

Mike E
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by f5fstop:
new rails should be arriving in the dealers sometime next month, along with new A-pillar molding that fit better.

--Awesome!! I've been in twice for this issue and the dealer didn't know when they new style would be available. My passenger side is warped so bad they have resorted to double sided tape which lasted about 20 mins after I left the dealership. I did notice that many H3's on their lot had the same warped area.

humdoug
04-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by f5fstop:

Do you think the recall will include both the rails and A-pillar?

Digital-Audiophile
04-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Im waiting eagerly for this fix http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif When I went into the dealership a couple weeks back they were kind enough to offer to replace the rails with new ones until the fix was made. I declined of course becuase it is too much work and trouble and I don't mind waiting.

I also have a little dent on my roof ( I assume from a bouncing rock) that I want smoothed out while they have the top part of the truck all open and easy to fix.