PDA

View Full Version : Price Increase and Houston Texas Dealerships

HUMMERDOGG
11-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know how often GM intends to raise prices throughout this 2003 model year? I'm currently waiting for my lease to run out on the wife's QX4 before I go and order one.

Also, I'm located in Houston, Texas and was wondering what dealership (there are 4 in the surrounding areas) and salesman the people in Houston went to when they bought/ordered their H2's. I went by the Southwest Hummer dealership the other weekend and was really dissapointed with the arrogant salesman who waited on us. He treated my wife and I like complete idiots. I will not be buying my new H2 through them.

HUMMERDOGG
11-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know how often GM intends to raise prices throughout this 2003 model year? I'm currently waiting for my lease to run out on the wife's QX4 before I go and order one.

Also, I'm located in Houston, Texas and was wondering what dealership (there are 4 in the surrounding areas) and salesman the people in Houston went to when they bought/ordered their H2's. I went by the Southwest Hummer dealership the other weekend and was really dissapointed with the arrogant salesman who waited on us. He treated my wife and I like complete idiots. I will not be buying my new H2 through them.

Texas Red
11-05-2002, 02:31 AM
Any order received by GM on or after Nov. 1 will be at the new increased MSRP's as follows:
Base price now 49,190. Lux 51,990. Adventure 51,630. If memory serves me, that's about a $1000 increase.

h2fan
11-05-2002, 09:07 PM
if i orderd on 10/17 would i be charged with the price change. how would i know when the dalership put the order thru they said because i orderd a sunroof that would dely when they were able to put my order in also is there a way to tell how long it would take they said 10 weeks with the sunroof thanks

MAC
11-05-2002, 09:56 PM
When I ordered Hummer, they gave me a printout of exactly what I am ordering, itemlized prices, color, options and equip. order numbers, plus the deposit receipt. During the 4 weeks wait, I read over it again and again, drooling, checking and double checked. Surely they gave you something black and white for the "order", They are obligated to hold true to that "contract". Give the dealer a call or email, you are the customer, it is their job to serve you right. Don’t worry about acting “too eager”, your are supposed to be eager, all their Hummer customers are, you have passed the stage of playing “hard to get.” I heard some customers call everyday to check.

HUMMERDOGG
11-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if this $1,500 price increase apply to the existing H2's on dealer lots?

Hummie2
11-11-2002, 11:57 PM
Sorry to hear about HUMMERDOGG'S experience with Southwest Hummer in Houston TX. I ordered my H2 from them and it has been a pleasant experience. Oscar Guzman, the salesman,was very courteous and quite informative about all of the features of the vehicle. We took our test drive and a tour of the service department and then got down dealing on the H2 I wanted to order. I must say they were very competitively priced with the other dealers in Houston and with Lynch Hummer in St.Louis whom I called on the phone. I ordered after the price increase and hopefully they can deliver as promissed by mid December.

Great Pumpkin
11-14-2002, 11:33 PM
HummerDog, I to had the same experience with the local Houston dealers (DeMontrond, Southwest and McGinnis). It was like they could care less. Finally talked with Anthony at Ron Carter and picked up one that they had pre-ordered. Build date 11/18.