PDA

View Full Version : ARRRGGGGG!!!

TimJ
05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I am not a happy future Hummer owner. I just called my dealer to see when I might take delivery of my H3 and it wasn't good. I ordered it the first week of March and at the end of April he told me it's estimated build week was to be May 16. I phoned this afternoon to see if it was built and on the way and the dealer now says the build week is June 13!! Now I won't get it until in July!! ARRRGGGHHH!

Is there a delay in building H3's for delivery to Canada? Whas there some issue at the plant?

As you can imagine I am not a happy camper....

TimJ
05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I am not a happy future Hummer owner. I just called my dealer to see when I might take delivery of my H3 and it wasn't good. I ordered it the first week of March and at the end of April he told me it's estimated build week was to be May 16. I phoned this afternoon to see if it was built and on the way and the dealer now says the build week is June 13!! Now I won't get it until in July!! ARRRGGGHHH!

Is there a delay in building H3's for delivery to Canada? Whas there some issue at the plant?

As you can imagine I am not a happy camper....

H3 Builder
05-25-2005, 12:54 AM
No, there are no delays, unless you ordered roof rail airbags, then there is a delay. Otherwise they keep dissaperaing from our lot. I've seen several going to Canada. Plus, we are way ahead of schedule.

TimJ
05-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I did order the roof rail airbags. I thought the initial delay with these had been resolved. Not the case?

I appreciate the feedback Builder and I am happy to hear your ahead of schedule. Is that uncommon for a new run of vehicles?

XM DUDE
05-25-2005, 01:21 AM
it's a plot to get you to buy what ever is on the lot.

TimJ
05-25-2005, 01:28 AM
XM Dude, I think you might be right.

The sad thing is I haven't been this excited about a new toy since I was 12. I'm so impatient now that if they had a lime green one with purple trim on the lot I probably would buy it just so I could have one.

H3 Builder
05-25-2005, 01:38 AM
The air bags still have issues. If you want em, wait then you will get what you want. We want to get things right before you get one. Yes, being as far ahead as we are is unheard of. Some startups take months. But we did ours WITH quality built in.

DeLeon
05-25-2005, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some startups take months. But we did ours WITH quality built in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm very glad to know that, let's just hope that the ones that we're getting have NO issues at all, I wouldn't like to take mine back to the dealer to get it fixed just because I got one of the first ones.

Thanks for all the info H3 Builder!

H34me?
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I had the same problem with my Suburban when I ordered it. I was told it was because the GMS discount orders get pushed to the end of the line everytime a new non GMS Suburban was ordered. Another Dealer told me that is not true and it is the way your Dealership places the order. Do you have a manufacture # yet? I called GM to get mine and atleast I knew when they had started to build it and when it would be transported.

usetosellhummer
05-25-2005, 03:22 PM
That is a load of sheeet, find another dealer buddy.

CLAYDOG
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Builder:
The air bags still have issues. If you want em, wait then you will get what you want. We want to get things right before you get one. Yes, being as far ahead as we are is unheard of. Some startups take months. But we did ours WITH quality built in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a chance to drive H3 #000056, best build quality I've ever seen on an early build. In fact it was ALOT better than most cars I've seen that have 2 or 3 years of production under thier belts.http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/div20.gif

baby_hummer
05-25-2005, 09:12 PM
My build date was also delayed. Scheduled for April 29 but wasn't built until last Friday.

From another H3 site, I heard that dealers ordered a lot more luxury packages, sunroofs, etc. that Hummer did not forecast for. They had to build up a reserve of those parts before they could start manufacturing again.

I feel your pain. I want my Hummer so bad....

H3 Builder
05-25-2005, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE]From another H3 site, I heard that dealers ordered a lot more luxury packages, sunroofs, etc. that Hummer did not forecast for. They had to build up a reserve of those parts before they could start manufacturing again.QUOTE]

Yes, sunroof orders were way off early forcast. But that could change as we get into more dealer orders that could have less content. We have not cut back on any option because of wrong forcasting. We sometimes jump through hoops to build em, but we are still building them the way there ordered.

firm
05-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I hear that GM is going to ramp up production by another 9500 this year due to early expectations. It seems like they would get the first batch out so people can buy or not buy before they start ramping up production. How does the saying go...A bird in hand is worth two in the bush?

H3 Builder
05-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't say ramp up. We'll just build less Colorado and Canyons, and more H3's. We wern't suppost to be even up to full production for another month. So for building more, I believe, was part of the plan already. If they, like they have sofar, been able to support with parts for the Hummers, then they must of planned for this.

TimJ
05-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Builder, do you know when the roof rail airbag issue is supposed to be resolved? Is it a part supply issue?

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I don't think my mom would buy one w/o airbags, but she wont buy till later this year(maybe fall '05).

H3 Builder
05-27-2005, 02:56 AM
No resolution date yet.

killian
05-27-2005, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER H3 4 ME:
I don't think my mom would buy one w/o airbags, but she wont buy till later this year(maybe fall '05). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The H3 still has Driver and front passenger air bags, just not the extra side airbags. Get in and drive one, this baby is rock solid and you sit up high. You'll be quite safe with the airbags that it comes with.

In my day an air bag was mom's arm across the front seat of the station wagon. I lived to tell about it. Just buy an H3 man, it's calling your name.

HummerNewbie
05-27-2005, 10:32 AM
How did we all live through our childhood without all these great safety gadgets http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

funpilot
05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
I wanted the side airbags, but the H3 virus was too much for me. I was told that my truck is built but not shipped yet.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Killian, I am not even old enough to drive.

killian
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I was driving at 13. Not legally of course, but I was driving anyway.

HUMMER H3 4 ME
05-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I've got 2 more years...