PDA

View Full Version : VOID WARRANTY

GONEGOLFING
02-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A CAT BACK SYSTEM FOR THE H2. I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED SOME BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A CLARITY ON THE EXHAUST ISSUE. I REALIZE THE EXHAUST WARRANTY WOULD BE VOIDED BUT WHAT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. YOUR KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS...LONELY IN OREGON..KEEP IT UNDER A HUNDRED.

GONEGOLFING
02-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A CAT BACK SYSTEM FOR THE H2. I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED SOME BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A CLARITY ON THE EXHAUST ISSUE. I REALIZE THE EXHAUST WARRANTY WOULD BE VOIDED BUT WHAT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. YOUR KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS...LONELY IN OREGON..KEEP IT UNDER A HUNDRED.

Klaus
02-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Any time you change to an aftermarket part, there is a chance for problems concerning your warrantee.

Look at it this way - If you change your exhaust, and later have drivability problems (engine misfiring, etc.) the dealer is going to suspect the exhaust. You may have to duke it out with the dealer to change their mindset. Technically, a warrantee cannot be voided only on the grounds of having the aftermarket part installed. However, if the aftermarket part is suspected of causing a failure, then the warrantee can be voided. In real life, we know that an aftermarket part is going to be one of the first excuses for a problem. It's you against the dealer.

I don't recommend aftermarket exhausts or intakes for two reasons. One, don't expect any real performance gains. If you want more noise, they will do the trick, but that's about all you will get. Two, the hassle factor with the dealer is not worth it to me. Again, only you can decide if it is worth it.

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

GONEGOLFING
02-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the input and I think i'm going to stay stock for now appreciate the time and opinion. Keep it real...

timgco
02-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I have had cat back exhausts, K&n Intake systems, and Hypertech programmers on my last three trucks, one of wich I got lemmon law on. I have never had one issue with any of my dealers for warratny do to aftermarket parts. It really depends on how well you know your dealer and what terms you are on with them. Just tell the dealer exactly what you want to do and ask them about it effecting your warranty. Small changes like what I have done you will notice a difference doing all three, but if your looking for a huge difference in power, don't get your hopes up really high. I'm in the process of adding all three above items to my H2. The stealership said no problems with Warranty. Why? because they put the eaxact set-up on an H2 on the showroom floor. Volant air intake, Corsa exhaust with headers, and Hypertech programmer and 37" tires. So in my case my dealer in CO is OK. just ask your dealer. Talk with the service manager only!

Klaus
02-27-2004, 01:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timgco:
just ask your dealer. Talk with the service manager only!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And don't forget to talk to every dealer along the route of any future travels you may take. Or, be prepared to flat-bed your truck back to your understanding dealer.

Again, if you decide to bolt on this stuff, understand the hassle factor that you may run into with warranty issues.

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

GONEGOLFING
02-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks again for the input. I am headed to the dealer soon for an oil change and will do some discussing with them. I just would love to have that extra thoaty sound at the take off but not a big deal or must. later.

Bevo
02-28-2004, 07:13 AM
The Corsa exhaust systems are a GM licensed product and will not void your warranty. I'm not sure about any other manufacturer's systems.