PDA

View Full Version : Can you tighten the torsion bars for increased ground clearance?

Jigga
07-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows about or has tightened the torsion bars to lift it up. I know you can tighten them up but i wanted to know if that caused damage to the vehicle over time, or if you got it re-aligned they would be fine.

Also, i'm looking into adding air shocks to the front of my H2 and trying to find a way to connect it the the air compressor so when i engage height control, both the front and the back lift up. I was wondering if anyone had thought about or done any of this.

Thanks,
-Jigga

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.

Jigga
07-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows about or has tightened the torsion bars to lift it up. I know you can tighten them up but i wanted to know if that caused damage to the vehicle over time, or if you got it re-aligned they would be fine.

Also, i'm looking into adding air shocks to the front of my H2 and trying to find a way to connect it the the air compressor so when i engage height control, both the front and the back lift up. I was wondering if anyone had thought about or done any of this.

Thanks,
-Jigga

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.

buddy
07-20-2003, 09:37 PM
The H2 has a 3/4 HD front suspension. Yes, you can crank up the torsion bars to a point. Too far and the ride, CV joints and alignment will be affected. You can find lots of info about torsion bars on the PU Truck Forum pu site (http://forums.pickuptruck.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB11)

Scroll to bottom of page and do search on : Torsion Bars

RasterMaster
07-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Still waiting to hear from Brooklyn about those quick release torsion bars.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!