PDA

View Full Version : Torsion bar technical question/wheel spacers opinions please!

strongrhino
11-24-2005, 02:13 AM
My tire guy says he can crank the bars a bit (maybe 1") without any geometry problems. He needs to re-align (toe-in) and is gonna charge me $75.00 total. Will this decrease any rub on the 37's or do I need to get wheel spacers to increase the offset off my stock wheels? Or both? I know this topic has been beaten to death but most people are raising the front end 2" which he says is a no no. Opinions please

strongrhino
11-24-2005, 02:13 AM
My tire guy says he can crank the bars a bit (maybe 1") without any geometry problems. He needs to re-align (toe-in) and is gonna charge me $75.00 total. Will this decrease any rub on the 37's or do I need to get wheel spacers to increase the offset off my stock wheels? Or both? I know this topic has been beaten to death but most people are raising the front end 2" which he says is a no no. Opinions please

Ernie Italy
11-24-2005, 07:04 AM
I've crank the TB a little bit because when I've parked the H2 near to other in Hummer Italy parking the service says "What series is your H2 ? "seven dwarf limited series?".
Now the front measure 104 cm at the point on fender where the hood close near the latch...

No problem with my 35" but I have also change the sway bar connectors...

11-25-2005, 05:10 PM
depends on where you rub. if you're rubbing on the frame or sway bar, the torsion gain won't help. if it's the back, inside of your fenderwell, it will help some, but my 37 toyos still rub with the torsion bars all the way up.